By CollegeBoy - 13/04/2011 13:07 - Canada

Today, my high school guidance counselor tried to convince me NOT to go to college, mainly because it's been so long since someone from my high school went to college, that she got rid of all the college information she used to have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 587
You deserved it 3 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't listen to her. Do what you want to do. Not what others tell you do.

baconboy_42 8

Seriously? Almost sounds like a rural Midwest school district. But you should still pursue college.

Comments

just go to college anyways? **** that bitch.

melatonone 0

I would suggest learning how to spell counselor...:) def go to college, it's something easier done young.

melatonone 0

I would suggest learning how to spell counselor...:) def go to college, it's something easier done young.

wtf? what school do you go to in Alberta, it's not hillbilly hell here.

TheDrifter 23

I'm gonna say one of the res schools, or possibly somewhere in the middle of bfn like Blue Earth. It's scary that that's still possible here, in a land where oil companies put up scholarships to recruit the smart kids right outta high school. Big oil is big money and I thought we all knew that the right degree here will earn you a king's ransom.

MuchDance90s 0

I'm going to guess it's near the oil patch and most of the grads go on to work the oil patch at 20-30/hr right after high school.

life2007 0

I'm from a school like that. The class below my graduating class no one went to college. I am one of just a few from my class that made it to college and will actually be graduating. If this school counselor is anything like mine you are on your own in applying and figuring out what scholarships you can get. I paid for my school out of pocket because my school didn't offer enough extra activities even though I had a 4.0 I didn't get more than $2,000 worth of scholarships. I have two student loans totalling $17,000 which isn't too bad. I hope you have some killer work ethic.

sourgirl101 28

Been spending most our lives living in the Gangsta's Paradise Keep spending most our lives living in the Gangsta's Paradise ***For some reason, I'm picturing the school from that "Dangerous Minds" movie.

notquite69 0

Is that what she told you? Ha!

cookk1757 0

learn how to spell counselor maybe. idiot

Easy, killer. Maybe you should lower your standards for the Internet.

I'd report her to the superintendent and if he doesn't take action, I'd go to the local news station and put her and your school on blast

I think she was just trying to avoid listening to you complain when you didn't get in.