By Anonymous - 18/11/2014 00:56 - United States - Bloomington

Today, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me because of the scratch marks on my back. I didn't have the nerve to tell her I tried to shower with the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 805
You deserved it 35 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. Didn't those two years mean anything to you? I would rather have an awkward conversation than lose the girl I love.

Klima_fml 29

.. You tried to shower with your cat? Smart.

Comments

YDI. Didn't those two years mean anything to you? I would rather have an awkward conversation than lose the girl I love.

I agree...that's pretty poor. If you let it end like that next time don't waste two years of a girl's life. That's pretty weak. You just lost your manhood. You lost your girl over a pussy...cat. Wow. You should grow some balls and go back and explain it.

taking a shower with a cat doesnt sound believable. so hes screwed either way

He didn't even have to say he brought the cat in with him, just tell her it jumped in itself and freaked out! It's just... mind boggling how anyone could lose a partner over this. The stupidity levels are high here...

didn't have to mention the shower at all actually just said the cat did it

Do you honestly think she would believe him if he told her he tried to take a shower with a cat. I know I wouldn't, unless she already knows he is an idiot.

incoherentrmblr 21

She is an idiot too... You can obviously tell the difference between cat and human scratches because cats' claws are much thinner and sharper than human nails and they make very different looking marks. If she can't tell that, or if it didn't at least occur to her to ask, especially knowing that he has a cat... Then there's a problem.

Klima_fml 29

.. You tried to shower with your cat? Smart.

sempisaviour 17

Indeed very smart. Rumor has it Albert Einstein did it too.

badluckalex 23

I'm assuming op means give the car a bath, but who knows

I don't know if my cats just weird, but he hops in the bath/shower with us sometimes.

@46 Yes you're cat is a bit weird, most cats hate getting wet.

******* love getting wet... Sorry, I just had to.

You're not alone! My cat has always loved sitting on the edge of the tub till I'm done. She'll play with the water and sit outside the door if I don't let her in. But she also plays fetch so I think it's a given that she's just weird haha.

It's probably best to tell her the truth, regardless of the embarrassment. Hopefully she believes you. Sorry to hear it OP.

ninety 25

She'll probably think he's making a lame excuse at this point.

How did you come to the conclusion that you needed to shower with your cat

His girlfriend wasn't home, and he needed some tail.

dude you need to tell her, only way not to get your ass in trouble.

Parise_fml 5

you wanna throw those two years away because you don't want to have an awkward conversation?

ninety 25

You would think it would be an awkward conversation either way, cause now she thinks he cheated haha

YDI for not wanting yo tell her it was a cat. what did she even mean to you if you didn't want to be honest?!

You could have just told her the cat jumped on your back while you were sleeping or something. But that relationship must not have meant much to you if you're just gonna let it go without trying to explain yourself.