By cherokeems - 26/03/2015 17:44 - United States - Harriman

Today, my girlfriend of a month told me that the only thing keeping her from swallowing a bottle of pills is being in a relationship with me, because she doesn't handle breakups well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 568
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rachelfromtarget 14

Well thats not a healthy relationship.

alexish128 13

What are you 15? You say you love her after a month and then say you're falling for someone else? I think you need to figure things out...continuing a relationship like this is not healthy for anyone.

Comments

rachelfromtarget 14

Well thats not a healthy relationship.

Consider this Unpopular opinion: her girlfriend could be suffering from depression/anxiety, she could've had an episode recently where she wanted to commit suicide or harm herself but thought of op and realised there was more to live for. Maybe she felt comfortable enough around op to tell her and meant it as a "hey you've given me something to live for". And I'd have to think, did she immediately follow that up with not liking breakups to be manipulative or was it a whole other part of the conversation that's been taken out of context. If she felt comfortable enough to tell op that then that is a sign of a healthy relationship and op just being uncomfortable because they're not used to confrontation on a subject like that...

looks like you're in here for the long haul!

If you do decide to break up with her, op, I suggest calling the police so she can be on suicide watch. You know, if the relationship becomes too stressful for you.

tiredteenager 16

#33, how is two women dating "hot?" Are you one of those guys that get off to two girls dating? It's just a relationship, jeez.

I think bro and dude can be used as gender neutral terms of endearment.

@39 Its a known fact that any mention of lesbianism turns many guys on.

SystemofaBlink41 27

It's not like it's a rare thing for a straight dude to be turned on by a lesbian couple. I honestly don't see what your point is. What if he is one of those guys that gets off on lesbian couples? Who cares?

#39 are you karma whoring? lol cuz we all know u secretly liked it when u found out they were both chicks

Pretty sure not everyone here is still in puberty.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

RUN BITCH RUN! is what he should be doing.

Yeah, don't break up with her. Stay with her for the rest of your life now that she's said that...

Oooorrrr accept the fact that her mental state is not OP's fault and OP is free to leave an unhealthy relationship full of manipulation without feeling guilty?

#3 DON'T break up? After hearing that, OP should let her girlfriend down nicely and get the **** out.

CODplayer4lyfe 24

A friend of mine was in a relationship like that, where the guy threatened suicide, but he ended up breaking up with her and cheating on her. Honestly OP I would just get some of her friends involved to help her cope (if you plan to leave her soon) so they can keep her from doing anything stupid. I wish you the best of luck that I can.

ExtremeEncounter 32

Why do people always try to pull that?

CODplayer4lyfe 24

I personally think (just from past experiences like mine stated above) that people do that so their partner thinks that they would never leave them, showing false loyalty. But that's just my opinion.

My dad was engaged before he met my mum, bitch threatened to kill herself if he ever left her....... 30 years, 2 children and 1 grandchild later, he found out she's still alive.... And still single

If you like her now then for now there's no issue, it becomes an issue a few months or years down the road when she tells you she'll do the same thing if you won't marry her. Then you gotta decide either do do it, or find a safe way to break the news to her

Girls who do this kind of thing deserve to be broken up with

temmera 16

It's not just women who do this. My ex boyfriend kept doing this to me until I finally called his bluff by breaking up with him for good. People who do this kind of thing deserve to be broken up with.

I agree and sorry I didn't mean girls in general, just in this case. Guys do this just as often

i dont think crazy sums up what she is!!

I was in that type of relationship once.. Get out of their before it ruins your sanity. I'm sure she's just fibbing.