By cherokeems - 26/03/2015 17:44 - United States - Harriman

Today, my girlfriend of a month told me that the only thing keeping her from swallowing a bottle of pills is being in a relationship with me, because she doesn't handle breakups well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 568
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rachelfromtarget 14

Well thats not a healthy relationship.

alexish128 13

What are you 15? You say you love her after a month and then say you're falling for someone else? I think you need to figure things out...continuing a relationship like this is not healthy for anyone.

Comments

#86, there is a MASSIVE difference between falling for someone and fancying someone.

ADBurns 22

Makes me agree with the comments saying OP must be a teenager

OP, do make sure she's taking her meds for schizophrenia. I have to learn about this disorder, and we talked about treatments today in class.

I have similar issues and was up front with my now husband. it takes a lot of strength to tell someone that. do what you want op, but consider that she is telling you because you give her hope. but if you honestly don't have feelings for the girl it is better to let her down now (maybe let someone close to her know her tendencies so they can take care of her) than string her along. that will make it worse. I know from experience.

I had a somewhat similar situation, although the female in this instance was never my girlfriend, just a friend, though I knew she liked me. I used to talk to her quite often, and see her every once in a while. Then I went to college, and so didn't see her as much. Sometime after, my phone got ruined, and so did my laptop, so I wasn't able to talk to anyone that I didn't see in person. As it happens, even though I got them fixed, I didn't talk to her much after, simply because she would stop replying, and I tend not to initiate conversations with people if I was the last one to say something in an unfinished conversation (I often see it as they not wanting to talk). So months later, I saw her, and she said that she hadn't been doing well mentally after we stopped talking, and had even gone and lost her virginity to some guy because we hadn't been (and while this may not be a big deal to some people, it obviously was to her). So I then felt pressured to talk to her a lot.

If you are able to change your feelings from "love" to "maybe i dont really like her" you probably never loved her in the first place. Plus if you don't like her after all it's best to break it off now before things get even more complicated

It's possible to love more than one person, though that quickly I don't know. There's poly amorous relationships and people fall in love after their first partner died. But this IS a way of manipulation. You need to get her help, and do NOT let this make you feel like you have to stay. If she doesn't want to try to get better you need to let her go. I'm an empath and if she's going to continue this then it might be best to let her go

taylolol 12

She could've known her more then a month..

Also I should probably mention I sometimes feel like this but I never would tell my girlfriend. I don't want her to stay with me and hurt her own life for me. But that's only if it was a bad breakup. Even if we were still friends Id be happy because she helps me a lot.