By stillloveherthough - 26/02/2016 17:54 - Germany - Aachen

Today, my girlfriend had a complete breakdown. I was trying to calm her down and reassure her that she will accomplish all of her dreams. Her response: "Then why am I even with you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 327
You deserved it 2 026

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, let's not read too far into it since she was under emotional duress.

Comments

Railroader 16

Harsh, maybe she didn't mean to say it?

Naw, I'm so sorry OP, you sound like a great boyfriend. I hope she was just joking, otherwise there are plenty of more people in the sea.

PePziNL 20

What I think she meant was that if her dreams would come true she would be with a celebrity

Oh wait, i said that wrong didn't i? I knew something was up... The people are in the woods no?

Well, let's not read too far into it since she was under emotional duress.

stevenbro 6

I have a problem with that. I just don't think you say something like that to someone you love. I hope she apologized, quickly and sincerely and didn't use her emotions as an excuse.

Which means her thoughts were unfiltered. I hate the saying "I hope she's your ex"... But if she's thinking that, she apparently "settled" for you. Find someone worth your time.

prodigy2013 4

lol gotta love it, if it was the other way around you'd be saying "leave that sorry excuse of a bf"

So she just get a free pass to say whatever she wants? I don't think so..

Scorpio1691 29

I think when you are in that kind of state. the filter between brain and mouth won't be working. she was probably being more honest about her feelings that she otherwise normally would have been.

I agree that your emotions can be unfiltered but I also think they can be blown out of proportion when you're already in such an emotional state. Small problems can feel huge.

Some people prefer more practical advice to whatever their problem is, rather than just a "oh it will all work somehow".

If your not part of her dreams I would reevaluate your relationship status.

andrmac 25

Well in the short run I would wait a day or 2 till she has her head together, then have a serious talk about where your relationship is headed with a comment like that.

If you're not part of her dreams, she needs to wake the hell up.

From your username, OP, I take it that you made at least one of her dreams come true ...

My mistake. I misread the OP's name as "still over her" instead of "still love her" ... Feel free to bury this comment while I bury my head in shame :(

actually there are 3 l's so you had it right in the beginning.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#27 No, he says he still loves her.