By cherokeems - 26/03/2015 17:44 - United States - Harriman

Today, my girlfriend of a month told me that the only thing keeping her from swallowing a bottle of pills is being in a relationship with me, because she doesn't handle breakups well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 568
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rachelfromtarget 14

Well thats not a healthy relationship.

alexish128 13

What are you 15? You say you love her after a month and then say you're falling for someone else? I think you need to figure things out...continuing a relationship like this is not healthy for anyone.

Comments

Let her parents know. Or friends, whatever you can do. Then remove yourself.

CaroAurelia 12

I second #26. On the off chance that she is legitimately mentally unwell, tell someone, but that's probably manipulation, so you should run.

don't give up OP ... plenty of other fish in the sea

First off, it's emotional abuse and domestic violence to threaten suicide or self-harm if a relationship were to end. Secondly, this person has some pretty big mental health concerns that may be beyond what her friends can handle. Lastly, the best course of action is that if she is a teen, then you need to alert an adult. If she's an adult then you need to alert a friend or family member (who actually cares about her,) that she needs help. Or, you can discuss getting her help with her if you'd think it wouldn't trigger a reaction. Regardless of whether or not you want to stay in this relationship this girl needs professional help.

As harsh as it may sound, she could just be a manipulative bitch.

And to be honest, there are more manipulative bitches than there are people willing to killing themselves if their partner broke up with them after a month. But be careful all the same, as said above, if you do decide to break up with her, warn family and friends first. Just in case.

if she would kill herself after breaking up then she shouldn't be in a relationship to start with. stay forever alone bitch

sure, i agree its a bit harsh.. but killing yourself if you break up with someine, best off not putting yourself into that sutuation in the first place

Leave her. You don't need the stress, and it isn't your fault if she goes crazy.

How... How do you end a relationship like that? She should probably get some therapy. I don't think she's going to find any happiness in life if she bases it all on her relationship.

Were you planning on breaking up with her?

I feel like one day the FML staff are gonna give me some prize for being the guy who always comments about having been in a relationship with someone who threatened suicide. Nonetheless... Make sure she has someone who'll knock some sense into her if she breaks down and break it off. Even if you like her now, you'll most likely end up breaking up eventually. It took me months to realize that this shit is a form of very sneaky-ass manipulation. You should be with someone who tries to be a better person to keep you interested, not cleverly threatens to put the weight of her (or his) death on you. Good luck.