By Cheese luv - 21/09/2016 16:55 - Australia - Watson

Today, my father threw out my $100 wedge of blue cheese because it "smelled funny". FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 990
You deserved it 2 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

After telling you the tragic news, your father went into his bedroom, locked the door, and took a mini fridge out from under the bed. He reached through the intricate array of expensive cheeses to remove his most recent acquisition, holding it to his face and smiling. You aren't the only cheese luver in your family, boy.

He's implying that spending more than about $5 ($100–$95) on cheese is a waste of money.

Comments

He probably thought it "smelled funny" that you spent $100 on "bleu cheese." Sounds like code for bath salts, ecstasy or hashish.

Actually, it sounds more like the name of a cheese.

justalittle_fml 13

Why would anyone spend that much on a single thing of cheese,that's my weekly food budget for my family of three.

Have y'all seriously never splurged on something super expensive because it's something you really like a lot? Have you never spent hundreds on some gaming system or other expensive hobby? Maybe this guy is just super into cheese, and has budgeted to spend a good amount of money on cheese every once and awhile. Most of you have probably dropped $100 on weird shit you like too.

He most likely didn't know that it usually smells that way. Just sorta let him know that and maybe ask if he could replace it somehow. If it really were an accident, I don't think he'd have a huge problem replacing it.

If you can afford to spend $100 on something like a block of cheese, why the hell do you still live with your dad?

InfiniteSecret 20

Shocking because living on your own cost more than $100. It could have been a special treat.

YDI for having a $100 wedge of cheese. A wheel, then maybe i'm in.

Where's the YDI button when it's relevant? Why are you wasting so much money on cheese??

Well, you know what they say. "It's hard to tell the difference between good cheese and bad meat."