By garlicbread - 26/11/2009 22:11 - United Kingdom

Today, I decided to make myself a nice meal. I bought expensive pasta and sauce etc. It looked delicious, I decided the finishing touch would be some parmesan cheese. I grabbed the bag and threw a handful of cheese on my meal. The cheese was about 98% mould. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 603
You deserved it 29 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

jeanii_fml 4

LOL srsly. Also, how is buying pre-made pasta and sauce making yourself a nice meal? More like heating up a pre-made mediocre meal. Learn to actually cook. Oh, and look at your damn cheese before you go throwing it into your food. Fail :(

was it pre-shredded cheese? ive never seen shredded cheese moldy before

Expensive pasta? WhAt? Since when is pasta a 'nice meal'.. I'd hate to see what you eat on a regular basis...

Kewlcat yes shredded cheese can go moldly. However it takes quite awhile. Long enough to the point you would want to check it before using it.

pancakes_n_syrup 0

Of course it's a YDI..the OP doesn't pay attention to anything. They ate MOLD and then mispelled it Pay more attention OP

agreed. i eat pasta like all the time. when i cook a nice meal i make lemon chicken or something with my own sauce and everything. omg, how exciting. it's not that hard to make your own pasta sauce. i have to because i'm allergic to garlic. and homemade sauces are wayyyy better than in a jar. try something exciting. there's a lot of interesting pastas you can make that done come in a box and a jar. and check the freaking cheese next time. it's not that hard to see the mold. also, if you buy cheese that isn't already grated, you can just cut off the moldy spot and the rest of the cheese is still good. learn to cook a real meal.

perryscherry 0

@mer, u thought she should create pasta from scratch?

They ate MOLD and then mispelled it ---------- Er, no, you misspelled it, actually. It's spelt MOULD.

it's only 'mold' where they speak Americanised English. In Bristol, UK, it *is* 'mould'. WAKE UP, teh internets is not just available in the USofA.

Both are correct spellings, silly, silly ducklings.

ydi for not throwing out gross moldy cheeese.

You're both wrong. In the United States, its "mold." Everywhere else, its "mould." Kind of like "color" and "colour."

Actually, it was 100% mold. That's what cheese is.

No, 100% mold would mean that cheese is a fungus, since mold is a type of fungus. Cheese is milk that is curdled using bacteria and acids. A handful of cheese types, such as blue, have fungus added to them, after the curdling process. But cheese is still mostly milk.

I can't believe you know that by memory ^^

I was surprised you were making pasta for Thanksgiving, and then I realized you were British. Sorry about the food though

Pfft! I don't eat turkey for Thanksgiving. And I don't care what anyone says, it just isn't a good meat. The only traditional dish I make is honey-baked ham.

dude honey baked ham is good! my parents don't make turkey for thanksgiving. it's not that weird.

Rico5037 0

yup fyl, other people ate nothing.

That is true, but this is still unfortunate for the OP.

Rule of thumb: if you can't recall using it in the past two or three weeks, check the expiration date.

RipIt 0

if it was only for yourself, you must've got some left, no?