By Shadyblood - 15/08/2009 04:32 - Puerto Rico

Today, my drunk uncle threw my brand new iPhone 3GS into my pool, ruining it completely. When I asked him to pay for the 600 dollar replacement cost, he said he wasn't responsible for his drunken actions. All of my family members are on his side. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 025
You deserved it 4 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get drunk and drive his car into the lake. Problem solved, after all you can't take responsibility for your drunken actions.

Comments

I wonder if your family would be opposed to you beating your uncle senseless...I'd just chalk it up to not being responsible for your actions when you're enraged

I vote YDI for: 1. spending $600 on a phone. Know what I paid for mine? Nothing. T-Mobile gave it to me for FREE. And guess what? I have a better network than you, too. 2. having your absurdly expensive phone within range of any sizable body of water. Remove the Cell Phone IV from your wrist and join reality for a while. You might have actually gotten a LAUGH out of your drunk uncle, instead of a bullshit FML.

urlifeisfucked_fml 0

Just because the replacement fee is $600 doesn't mean he payed that much when he first got the phone.

Right. Because Apple just gives away their brand new iPhones with a 2 year contract, when they have people lined up around the mall three days before the reveal to spend that $600.

cherlana32 0

they do not give them away, but they also do not make you pay $600 if you are also signing a contract.

brand new iphones cost 200 which is cheaper than the sidekicks t-mobile sells.

urlifeisfucked_fml 0

Have you ever bought a phone? When you first sign up for a contract/have an upgrade the cost of the phone is brought way down, usually to around $100 or free depending on the upgrade. If you need a new phone before your upgrade or you don't have insurance you have to pay the FULL price of the phone, which can easily get up to at least $300, which really isn't worth it for most phones IMO.

yourkiddingright_fml 0

Get as far away from that family as you can! You can live without them!

get totally wasted and shit all over his bed and smear it over his walls. wont be your fault.

Isn't everything cheaper in Puerto Rico? At least I have insurance on my phone. If something happens to it, I get a replacement for just the $90 deductible. (The phone itself is about $600.)

$600 is not right. The phone costs $199, $600 is the unsubsidised price. But Apple will charge you the subsidised $199 price if you water damage your phone.

yo to the guy bitching about the op geting a 600$ phone piss the hell off its his money he can spend it the way he pleases

Or, at least, threaten to press charges if he doesn't pay up the money.

Tell your uncle if he doesn't buy you a new iPhone 3GS, you're taking him to small claims. Then, if he doesn't buy you a new iPhone 3GS, take him to court.

Couldn't you just crack a bottle over the back of his head. I mean there were plenty around I bet. Also, I hate having to go to Puerto Rico.

Don't bring your wife anywhere near your drunk uncle.