By mlowy - 09/05/2014 05:35 - Azerbaijan - Baku

Today, my computer crashed and lost all of its data while I was making a back up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 151
You deserved it 4 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That has got to be one of the worst feelings ever. Did you throw the monitor to the ground?

Comments

That has got to be one of the worst feelings ever. Did you throw the monitor to the ground?

It was such a terrible feeling, haha, I just froze in my spot staring at the computer and trying not to cry... I couldn't get my old data retrieved but I did buy a new laptop! :)

I wonder if he checked to make sure it was plugged in?

The button on the front, is it glowing?

did you try beating the crap out of the screen?

Did giving it words of encouragement work?

I recognised that singing a just for the machine made song always make them feel better.feel better = work better.works for all my electronic things: notebook, microwave and vacuum cleaner.

That's happened to me, too, unfortunately. That's when I started making regular back ups, and you should, too. It's no fun losing your data.

I've had it happen to me before also. It is very annoying. Luckily I didn't lose any important data since I back mine up every month or so.

Rolling backups are easy to do in this day in age. Most services are free, so this is something everyone should do.

It was a very old laptop, and though I should have backed it up before, it's never broken down, so I trusted it, and it was my first time after an extremely long time. But now that I have a new laptop, I definitely back it up often! Not making the same mistake again.. Haha

Hard drives aren't always the most reliable, unfortunately.

That's a crashy situation :( FYL!

most people try too hard with their puns, you however don't appear to have tried at all.

You should feel bad how awful that pun was... if that's even what you would call it

Turn it off. Now turn it on. Did it work? No? You've done your best, now go and get yourself chocolate and some ICT guy

I cringe every time I hear about something like this happening. I'm sorry OP I would not wish such a fate upon my worst enemies.

rdenkewicz 11

Don't worry! I'm sure you sent yourself emails of your most important files in case that happened...

Too bad you can't back up time and make one yesterday

I just down voted you on accident.. My apologies