By fmlcops - 22/05/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, my car died on a major road, a cop pulled over to help, he offered to jump me, while doing so because my battery was so dead he told me to put the gas on the floor, I did and my car roared to life, he then pulled me over five feet from where my car died to give me a ticket for a loud exhaust. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 281
You deserved it 5 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AHHH WHAT A JERK!! i hate cops lol FYL

People who hate cops usually just say that because they've been caught doing something wrong. There's nothing wrong with cops.

Comments

#28 it sounds like you just live in a shit neighborhood if even the cops are doing drugs. Join in on the fun and stop bitchin ;]

R3TH0R 0

and with the whole "loud exhaust"; they can pull people over due to the safety hazard and noise pollution. why a cop wouldn't (and really couldn't) pull over any type of motorcycle is that the noise is from the engine not the exhaust, take the hood off a car and they'd be just as loud. also as #52 said about the quotas, its more that they need to keep track of if they go way under or way over. also #34 is a dumbass... doesn't know how to spell "cop" and hates all of us who don't enjoy the power-trips that the majority of cops have. also the police foundations and the people that work there aren't all cops... (just calling him out on that)

DONTbEMO 0

I'm sure they ticket is cheaoer than having some tow truck coming out and jumping your car Plus noise violations are no big deal i get them all time for my system.. It comes with having aftermarket parts on your car.

#38, im a mechanic and yes a battery can die while driving... but it also means the alternator is bad hence the battery not charging... OP, loud exhausts rule btw.

I'm guessing it wasn't the battery that died, but rather the alternator.

haha that sucks, some cops are real assholes but you gotta think they have a job to do.

#56 If the noise from a motorcycle is from the engine why can you get mufflers that make it about as quiet as car? How is having a loud muffler a safety hazard anyway? That makes no sense. Pollution i get, but hazard? Do people forget to use their steering wheel within the vicinity of a loud car or something? wtf?

MrAdventure 1

Loud's Loud. I hope that was because there was a problem with your exhaust, not because you bought an aftermarket fart can exhaust. If you've never had an exhaust pipe break in front of the muffler, it's loud enough to cause headaches, if you have the right car :)

This one would totally happen to me. I have a '69 Mustang with no muffler right now. It has a 302 engine and has recently started dying at random times...I feel for ya.