By fmlcops - 22/05/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, my car died on a major road, a cop pulled over to help, he offered to jump me, while doing so because my battery was so dead he told me to put the gas on the floor, I did and my car roared to life, he then pulled me over five feet from where my car died to give me a ticket for a loud exhaust. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 281
You deserved it 5 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AHHH WHAT A JERK!! i hate cops lol FYL

People who hate cops usually just say that because they've been caught doing something wrong. There's nothing wrong with cops.

Comments

cpatrick820 3

"Life on the line everyday"...? How many people are going to repeat this? It's bullshit...the vast majority fill their traffic quota and slack off. I can't tell you how many times I've called the cops when I genuinely needed them (been chased by crips in my jeep, burglers breaking into my house, my jeep robbed twice) and they either took their sweet ******* time or decided that it was inconvenient. They sure don't have a problem pulling decent people over to hand them a ticket though. Face it, we have a corrupt policing system.

lilcuti3pi389 0

I've never heard that having a"loud exhaust" is illegal. Where I live there are racing cars everywhere and cops dnt give a sht.. I think that its the dumbest thing I've ever heard for a cop to give a ticket for that.. But ok.

#86, I guess you don't live your life a quarter mile at a time. :p

lilcuti3pi389 0
joel2k 0

Batteries can die while driving if there's a problem with the alternator, or the connection to the alternator. I know in Florida cops don't have ticket quotas but they DO have "piece" quotas. That means they don't have to hand out a certain number of tickets, but they have to issue a minimum number of written warnings and citations. It's a way to make sure the cop is working. If you're a traffic cop and you didn't hand out a ticket or warning all day, then what were you doing?

PainSol 0

What an asshole. Seriously.

mardog88 0

#94 - Thank you. #68 - You'd think more then three people would make the same mistake? Obviously, it was edited.