By fmlcops - 22/05/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, my car died on a major road, a cop pulled over to help, he offered to jump me, while doing so because my battery was so dead he told me to put the gas on the floor, I did and my car roared to life, he then pulled me over five feet from where my car died to give me a ticket for a loud exhaust. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 281
You deserved it 5 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AHHH WHAT A JERK!! i hate cops lol FYL

People who hate cops usually just say that because they've been caught doing something wrong. There's nothing wrong with cops.

Comments

claiireee1 0

how did this become an FML? It doesn't say "Today,"

For those that say your battery can't die while driving. There is a little piece of technology called an alternator that charges your battery and if it is about to give out on you your battery can die while running.

Correction_fml 0

#35 as #46 mentioned, it is possible for a car to die while it's being driven. I think perhaps you shouldn't use the rule of never hearing of something as a way to know if it is possible or not.

bonafidehustler 0

I can't believe they let this one through without a "today."

it doesnt start with "today" and its one big confusing run on sentence

#13 is right. on another note, can they really give you a ticket for a loud exhaust? That seems stupid, I bet he wouldn't give a ticket to a Harley motorcycle that drove by would he?

I don't know about cops everywhere, but I've a friend whose relative is a cop where I live and he explained to me that no, there's no quota, but if a cop gives out a number of tickets that deviates strongly from the average in his station in a month he gets grilled on it and has extra paperwork to deal with. As far as the FML - is your exhaust always loud? Because that *is* dangerous, and just because he helped you get your car going doesn't mean that he has to ignore that fact. Also - Yes, a car battery can die while driving, but that's indicative of another problem - corrosion on the battery or, as #46 said, an alternator that's going out or something.

um no, cops aren't allowed to jump you because of the mass amounts of electronic equipment in their cars, unless he had a portable one in his car, which many cops do not.