By fmlcops - 22/05/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, my car died on a major road, a cop pulled over to help, he offered to jump me, while doing so because my battery was so dead he told me to put the gas on the floor, I did and my car roared to life, he then pulled me over five feet from where my car died to give me a ticket for a loud exhaust. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 280
You deserved it 5 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AHHH WHAT A JERK!! i hate cops lol FYL

People who hate cops usually just say that because they've been caught doing something wrong. There's nothing wrong with cops.

Comments

in everyone's own mind, they are great drivers and would never deserve a ticket. instantly, it's the cop who is the d!ck because he pointed out that you broke a law but he just doesn't know that you really are a good driver and he should be looking for someone else. it's karma, i'm sure you've deserved a ticket once and gotten away with it because a cop wasn't around then. you knew the risk when you put that exhaust on and it caught up to you. it's the price of having a loud car. swap to stock exhaust, get the ticket settled, put the exhaust back on. if it was a personal attack on the cops end, he wouldn't have jumped your car for you.

Polionixon 2

If that were me. I would so like to punch that cop in theface. WHAT A DOUCHE N O Z Z L E #65 it's not the fact that he gave him/her the ticket. It's the fact that he jumped his car let him go and THEN pulled him over 5seconds later to give him a ticket lol. I'm pretty sure after they got the car started he would have noticed his/her exhaust was a weeee bit to loud :P

your_mother 0

i don't think this is real

#5, #6, and others...It says "today". Maybe you should read.

Alright, allow me to clarify a few things: 1. I don't know if it's different in your area, but from where I'm from (the Northeast of the US) cops are legally NOT ALLOWED to jump anyone's car. I know this because I asked a cop at a gas station to jump me, and he informed me of this law. Which leads me to... 2. Yes if your alternator goes, the battery dies while driving and you're really screwed. That's what happened to me. 3. Everyone's assuming the OP has an aftermarket exhaust installed, and therefore this is the OPs own fault and that they are an idiot for having an exhaust like that. For all we know, the OP has a bad exhaust. Mine cracked in half once and it sounded JUST as loud as an aftermarket...but it was just the stock exhaust. So maybe it wasn't the OPs fault for having a bad exhaust...and maybe cops in that area ARE allowed to jump people (strange though...), at which point I would say that's a terrible situation. But let's at least get the facts right before posting please...

I agree with #4. I mean, of course there are going to be a few corrupt cops and some cops who are just plain jerks. But for the most part, cops ARE here to keep everyone safe and if you weren't doing something illegal in the first place, you wouldn't have to worry about them.

MandarinMustang 0

#69 1. Cops are allowed to jump in my state of FL. 3. Even if his muffler was broken, it is his responsibility to properly maintain his car, if it's too loud, it's too loud. And for everyone else. 1. Cops don't have ticket quotas. 2. OP was going to get pulled over eventually anyway. 3. To people saying he was nice enough to jump him, then give him a ticket, you can't hear a car's muffler before you jump it.

YDI for having a shitty car and spending money on a shitty fart can instead of on a tune-up for your car.