By pencilring - 04/09/2010 14:08 - United States

Today, my boyfriend proposed. The ring just had a piece of graphite on it. My boyfriend argued that since graphite and diamonds are both just forms of carbon, it is the same thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 716
You deserved it 14 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slushpup9696 12
Breeneefml12 0

why are you bitching? at least you know he wants to spend the rest of his life with you now, so shut the **** up and be happy.

Comments

bubblezz0504 0

it's the thought that counts :)

Laby_fml 9

Wow, why did he propose to you? It shouldn't matter what kind of ring is given to you. It's the fact that he loves you enough to propose. Don't be a selfish person and be glad that you got a damn ring.

It's the thought that counts i wouldnt hold it against him, you just got proposed to be happy!

LadyTammyA 0

This is EXACTLY what gives women a bad name! Don't be greedy, you have (or had) him, and his love. isn't that enough??? Would you rather he took out a loan to get a "better" ring just so you can gain some pathetic points among your friends??!!?? Gee that would be great! Then you could spend your engagement time waiting for him to pay it off before you could have a wedding! Now that's a great plan! (I hope you are getting the sarcasm) Grow the heck up...stop your sniveling! Personally I think he should have an FML saying: today, I found out that my girlfriend is shallow!!!! :)

"Today, my boyfriend proposed to me with a graphite ring, and I threw a tantrum because I'm a shallow, materialistic bitch. FML" YDI, I can't imagine why anyone would WANT to propose to you.

Congratualtions poster, this isn't even worthy of a FML. Your boyfriend obviously put a lot of thought in to that ring. Very few rings can be bought with graphite on the top, infact as they are custom made they can cost more than most of the low end range of rings. Not to mention the symbolism that comes along with that thought, diamonds take a long time to form and by him giving you that ring he is saying that he wants to be with you for a long time. To be honest the mental picture that I have of you is of some whiney little bitch who is more obsessed with the objects than she is with the relationship. FYL for the BF.

OopsieDoopsie 14

Couldn't have been said better.

I really like the symbolism, too, but I have more sentimental than expensive taste. I would've been thrilled with a marcasite or garnet engagement ring, but Mr. Doe bought a diamond ring before I could tell him that. He was, well, eager. :D

I hate people like you, if you really loved him you wouldn't care about the ring Please do us a favour and die