By pencilring - 04/09/2010 14:08 - United States

Today, my boyfriend proposed. The ring just had a piece of graphite on it. My boyfriend argued that since graphite and diamonds are both just forms of carbon, it is the same thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 716
You deserved it 14 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slushpup9696 12
Breeneefml12 0

why are you bitching? at least you know he wants to spend the rest of his life with you now, so shut the **** up and be happy.

Comments

You deserved it. He proposed to you, you loved him enough before the proposal, amirite ? So why should the ring matter ? If he's the kind of guy to drop thousands on gadgets, I *might* understand how a girl could be miffed that he would spend "so little" on a ring. But since I only have the "FML" to comment on, I'll just say you should be happy that he wants to spend his life with you!

J3NG33HU 6

at least he proposed . who cares if it's a diamond or not ? be thankful it wasn't a rubber band .

Erindub 0

Marriage is a horrible and out dated tradition any ways.

Silentium_fml 0

That's the greatest engagement ring I've ever heard of. Seriously. I would love the shit out of that ring.

linx468 8

lol cheapskate and they have finally updated the fml app :P

birds_fml 7

You want a diamond? Buy your own damn diamond. Why does he have to buy it for you? Oh, right, it's "tradition" that a guy should spend a bunch of money on a shiny object, since he's basically purchasing you. You should be happy that you're about to marry a guy who's not gonna spend a ton of money on worthless things just to show off. Why don't you take the money he saved by not buying a diamond, and put it on a down-payment for a house.

I hate how marriages and proposals HAVE to be extravagant. I'm a male, and hopefully I'll propose to some boy -- I'm gay -- who I love, but I'm not going to buy a HUGE rock. I'd probably get a vending machine ring or something, and say "I will love you unconditionally for the rest of my life, which I want to spend with you." It's not about the ring; it's about the love. If my boyfriend wouldn't marry me because I didn't give him a huge rock and a gold ring, I'd be fortunate to know that his love for me was based on my wallet, and not on ME. I don't feel sorry for the OP's boyfriend/fiance/ex-boyfriend/ex-fiance, because he's fortunate to be rid of her. At least he knows the she only loved him for his money and not for him.

bitch, please. do you know what diamonds stand for? war and gruesome death. and they're clear....I don't know about you but in my opinion they're not so great. "ohhhhhhh waaaahhhh my boyfriend actually put some thought into something and didn't just buy me the most expensive clear stone he could find like the rest of the masses...**** my life."

In before ugly, loveless people wank about diamonds. Oh wait.