By Agata - 21/12/2009 16:15 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 3 years announced that he is not ready for marriage, and won’t be for 'at least' another 2 years. Of course he waited to tell me this 2 days after he had proposed to me in front of hundreds of people, I said yes, and we announced it to all our family members and friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 217
You deserved it 2 865

Same thing different taste

Top comments

InstaKarma 0

Maybe he is just feeling overwhelmed by the new stage your relationship has progressed to. Either way, if you two actually love each other, talk about it and maybe just have a long engagement. FYL because that is a hell of a let down.

caticaticati 3

I've known people who were engaged for a year or two before the wedding... it takes time to plan that shit and find the money for it. I wouldn't be surprised if my boyfriend proposes while we're in college and then we wait to actually get married until we've both graduated.

Comments

Tell him that that's perfect, because two years should be long enough for him to find someone else to marry.

this is how ****** up men actually are. why would he propose in the first place if he knew he didn't want to get married?? DUMBASS!!! get a new bf!

What's the problem here? These days a 2 year engagement is fine. Unless of course you want to elope where you don't need to plan as much stuff for the "big day". Honestly, 2 years is fine... Even 3 years. Think about it, in 2 years you'll have been together for 5 years. It gives you some time to think about it all as well. You'll be married for 20+ years if you get married and don't divorce. Why are you rushing, scared of breaking up or something? It's just a piece of paper in the end anyway.

Wow, only a sad sad desperate person would want to marry you. Ever.

What's wrong with being engaged then getting married later??

hmmm something tells me "cheating" is in the air...the mans got something cooking..I would wait n watch what he does...if you forced him to propose don't do it to marriage..,gl

sportzftw 3

Proposed and not yet ready... you've got to be kidding me

i think i have u all beat. I got engaged valentines day this year and got rushed into planning an october wedding with my fiance who is active duty in the Navy. We are not even 2 months out from the wedding and he wants to call off the wedding because he is going to miss be single and "picking up chicks" and doesn't want to marry me and then regret it later. FML...

people are stupid. there's nothing wrong with that, yea sure she could be upset, but it's nothing to complain about. if She truly loved him she wouldn't care when or if they got married