Congrats?

By KortniiE - 23/03/2021 20:01

Today, my boyfriend of 3 years proposed without a ring. He told me he would get it once his divorce papers are final. I didn't know he was married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 171
You deserved it 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fantastica2021 7

I'd consider that as a red flag. You've been dating him for years and you didn't even know that he was married? Who knows what else he is hiding from you? :/

I would dump him. You deserve to have a honest guy.

Comments

fantastica2021 7

I'd consider that as a red flag. You've been dating him for years and you didn't even know that he was married? Who knows what else he is hiding from you? :/

Shady, OP. Very shady. Someone has a lot of explaining to do.

I would dump him. You deserve to have a honest guy.

Big difference if he was hiding the fact he was married, or if he was long-term separated but didn't want to make the divorce official for socio-religious reasons. I know it's been know to happen due to familial pressure in strongly catholic families or other religions or groups that don't accept divorce. It may not be an automatic end to things, but it's definitely a giant red flag that needs thorough investigation before even considering to continue the relationship.

J15237 25

I don't think you should continue this relationship. That is information he should have told you. How long have you been together? Honestly she might not know they are getting a divorce. Leave him before you get your heart broken.

raingirl 5

It could be what bogrbon said, however some relationships cause more harm then good. Sort it out, find the truth of the matter, and decide what's in your best interest.