By Agata - 21/12/2009 16:15 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 3 years announced that he is not ready for marriage, and won’t be for 'at least' another 2 years. Of course he waited to tell me this 2 days after he had proposed to me in front of hundreds of people, I said yes, and we announced it to all our family members and friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 217
You deserved it 2 865

Same thing different taste

Top comments

InstaKarma 0

Maybe he is just feeling overwhelmed by the new stage your relationship has progressed to. Either way, if you two actually love each other, talk about it and maybe just have a long engagement. FYL because that is a hell of a let down.

caticaticati 3

I've known people who were engaged for a year or two before the wedding... it takes time to plan that shit and find the money for it. I wouldn't be surprised if my boyfriend proposes while we're in college and then we wait to actually get married until we've both graduated.

Comments

how the **** is this an FML if he aint ready he aint ready. love takes time. if u didnt know that you know nothing about love bitch!

KataraTheBender 0

So stay engaged for 2 years? My parents were.

ancianlia 4

If he isn't ready for marriage until another 2 years then why did he do that in front of all those people?

So you have two years to plan your wedding. He didn't say he was never going to be ready.

then extend the engagement no problem with that I know people who are engaged for 3 years

vb68_fml 28

Well a lot of engagements last about 2-3 years, in which you can plan your wedding. Why complain about it?

Why can't the engagement last two years? He obviously wants to marry you if he proposed.