By chels - 10/12/2012 07:47 - United States - Youngstown

Today, my boyfriend got done with Marine combat training. The first thing he asked for weren't pictures of me but pictures of his car. Missed you too babe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 232
You deserved it 3 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wagne057 6

Send him revealing pictures of his car, with you on it.

hockeychicl003 6

some guys have weird obsessions with cars. That's the way my dad is.

Comments

He is a douche to do that. Dump it, or get it to say sorry.

No, the boyfriend. Going by the information given in the FML he cares more about his material possessions than his girlfriend.

14- don't worry about 17. It is a dumbass.

A marine who's a douchebag; there's a shocker.

brackattack 4

Not all marines are douchebags asshole.

I hope you were kidding doc :s. I have a couple of buddies who are in the marines, and I assure you, they're not assholes. Kinda ****** up thing to say if you ask me.

astralvagan 20

#1, it? Really, it?! Regardless of how you feel about his actions, he is still a marine who will be fighting for your right to be a douchebag yourself.

I don't know why you'd dump "it" over something like that. So he likes his car. Big deal.

SApprentice 34

Everyone's allowed their own opinions. 1 and 23 chose to post derogatory comments, but I do understand the emotions that guided them. It does little good to make any kind of negative statements about the military or soldiers though, even when very polite, because the people who support the military do so wholeheartedly. Any argument that shows less than enthusiastic feelings toward the military usually ends in dozens of people all screaming at the offender. Saying you don't like the marines is basically saying that you enjoy mass murder or want to kill a kitten- it causes a similar amount of fury. Even an intelligent debate about people's opinions is rarely received well, so rude comments will certainly be given many thumbs. I've seen both sides. The majority of my family is military, and many of my customers at work are soldiers. I'd say about one third of them are decent and kind, but the other two thirds will cuss you out or sneer at you. That's just what I feel. I'm going to go away now.

I don't see how not liking the Marines is like saying you like mass murder. They seem to be on fully different spectrums on the scale.

william8691 10

Im a marine and we can be assholes only if you make us lol he probably just wanted to show his friends the car.

ahhh, the "dump his ass" group strikes again. just what we all wanted to hear.

The "dump his ass" members are often also apart of the "Forever Alone" club.

Devilpuppy0861 7

Dude, doc and pog8691 most of us kinda are douchebags. Sure it's infuriating when civilians who don't know their mouths from there assholes act like they have any right to judge our behavior but you can't blame them. Also the chick should probably dump him. For the most part we're great lays but terrible boyfriends.

winkydog4056 16

#48_Ha Ha, very funny. But, yes jarhead, all Marines ARE douchebags assholes! OP, get your Sunday best bikini on & take a picture on the car. You can then tell douchebag his car got you off better than asswipe did.

hockeychicl003 6

some guys have weird obsessions with cars. That's the way my dad is.

Looks like he'll have to get off to his car then.

Just FYI... I'm a military spouse, and the insensitivity never changes. He'll be this way every day for the rest of ur marriage. Think really hard if that's who u want in ur life forever bc money and his toys always seem to take priority. Good luck.

Inheritance 10

Entirely depends on the type if car. Like if its muscle for instance.

Sensitivity is almost drilled out of some Marines. It's the training. They want an effective killer and one who feels no negative emotions towards completing the mission and doing what's right whether it is or not, is the most efficient soldier.

priceyfml 7

On this tv show some guy had an intimate relation with his car..

JAMSM 6

61- oh, it's cool to know that stereotyping people because they're in the military is ok... I mean, the whole fighting for our safety and freedom deserves no respect? And don't you even bring up the stupid wars, that's not the military's fault. That's ******* politicians. Yes, it was bad of him, but one example cannot speak for a vast and diverse group of people. Your inductive logic has failed you.

celiiceegee 6

61- I'm a military spouse as well. All throughout basic and AIT my husband wanted pictures of me, wrote letters, and called every chance he got. My friends's husbands were just the same. Not all military personnel are like OP's and your husband. Coincidently, in relation to the FML, we bought a new car while he was away and he only asked for two pictures [interior and exterior] and that was only because he wasn't there to help pick it out. FYL OP. Obviously something is wrong if after months of not seeing or talking to you he's only interested in his car.

Devilpuppy0861 7

PnKaos you have no idea what the **** you're talking about. We're insensitive because after all the shit we've seen and done nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can invoke the same emotions. Moreover we are constantly taught, especially in the corps, that we must keep ourselves to a higher moral standard due to the intensity of the situations in which we will find ourselves. And to wrap it up, if you ever call a marine a soldier to his face he'll punch you in the dick.

WhisperSoflty 20

61 - that's a personality problem, not a military problem. My sailor is the exact opposite of that, even now while he's on deployment. Don't blame your husband's asshattery on the military.

I tried to come up with something witty but words fail me: I can't see why anyone would ever love their car more than their gf

Shit these days I would pick my video games over a girl anyday

A car will never cheat. It will not let itself be entered and driven by someone else. Jokes aside, a good partner will not either.

spekledworf 18

See I love cars, so I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend obsess over cars, because then we could obsess together. Strangely enough, I have yet to date a guy that loves cars.

That doesn't mean he loves his car more than her. I would think he already has plenty of pictures of the OP or is able to see her on her Facebook (and such). Now he wants to see his car too. ***Many guys love and take pride in their cars. Mine does. Also drags me to car shows and watches those car auctions and Pimp my ride shows on TV. :P

I'm a guy, obsessed with cars, most the girls I've dated ended up having an appreciation for the work that goes into them at the end if our relationships

wagne057 6

Send him revealing pictures of his car, with you on it.

I would die if someone sat or laid on my car. They might dent it or scratch it.

I got your headlights right here! Now the bumper! (:

MasterE56 4

You don't know that.. He could have one but have values and is patriotic. He is american and will defend our rights. One of which IS owning a buggati and being in marines...

He could have a Bugatti veyron. Like my picture. But that car is only 1.8-2.6 million USD. That's chump change. What he should have is a Maybach exelero. Now that's a car. 8 million USD.

Since when did 2million dollars become chump change -.-"

KiddNYC1O 20

8m for a car? Gimme a break...

WhisperSoflty 20

57 - because ONLY rich people run for public office, and ONLY broke 18-22 year olds sign up for the military. That was almost painful to type. Smack yourself in the face with your ignorance and stereotypes. They're dense enough to make quite the impact, I imagine.

57 Example: The other day at my recruiters office Billy Bob Thorton came into the office with his son who to join the Marines.

57 - you need to remove that profile pic. It's killing me you are using it.

Put yourself in front of the parts of the car he wants to see

He's pussy whipped, what can I tell you??

BusinessTurtle 8

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You didn't read the FML, what can I tell you???

My bust, I read cat, what can I tell you. My iPhone screen is cracked

perdix 29

Lol, I read "cat" too, I had to reread it. Then I realized it read "car."

Send him a picture of you and say I thought you were speaking metaphorically

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. - Inigo Montoya

Don't get too revved up about it, OP. As long as he neglects you, just remind him his stick won't be shifting any time soon. In fact, you might want to consider hitting the brakes on the relationship altogether, if this continues. Don't give him the opportunity to torque about it, either.

Send him a video of you putting up the bonnet and doing engine maintenance, set to 'The Stripper'.

RedPillSucks 31

Yeah. Bent over the hood/bonnet with some short shorts. That will get his motor reving