By Anonymous - 04/01/2013 06:18 - United States - La Marque

Today, my boyfriend called me anti-social. To prove him wrong I texted one of my friends. She texted back, "Who's this??" FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 655
You deserved it 7 945

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are anti-social and yet have a boyfriend? Please OP tell me how you achieved this so that I may finally achieve this as well!!

Maybe she accidentally deleted your contact name? Restored her iPhone? Either way, FYL.

Comments

It could have just been bad timing and maybe they got a new phone or something?

Go out and meet new people :D! Or call up another friend or a group of mates and arrange to hang out/go out somewhere :) it's never too late OP :)

Or op is just introverted and doesn't need to do all that.

True, lots of people I know are like that :) but she seems blue about what her boyfriend said, if she prefered being alone she'd probably reply with "think what you like, I prefer my own company" and it wouldn't bother her

That was definately bad timing..!! Hahahaha.. Unless you are anti-social

You should have called anyways, texting is as anti social as it gets even though you're actually talking to someone.. Try having real conversations with friends or family, may help.

applexj 13

That is like saying email is anti-social.

Antisocial =/= asocial , learn the difference dummies.

perdix 29

#19, apparently, you are anti-social. Otherwise, you would have explained the difference to the "dummies." The OP's boyfriend should have called her "asocial." "Asocial" means not having a social life, while "anti-social" means that you dislike and reject the norms of society.

at least 1 person knows the difference here. i dont think the op is antisocial, asocial maybe but antisocial? that goes way deeper and is a psychological thing just as being bipolar is. and before you guys thumb me down, i just got an A for this class at university.

with the bipolar thing i meant a certain 'degree' of antisocial behaviour (not all of course!). and sorry #29! i didnt see your comment before i commented!

Finally, somebody who actually knows the difference. I hate how people mix the two up. It also boggles me how the less common, more official psychological term came to be mistaken for a word that anyone with a basic understanding of the Latin routes of the English language would know is a perfectly fine word to describe somebody who does not socialize frequently or at all. Ugh, I wish that everybody was required to take a comprehension test on whatever language they speak before they were allowed on the internet.

Your simple comment reminds me of both, the opium smoking caterpillar from "Alice in Wonderland"-- Who R U??? And also The Who's, Who are you. . . Who-who, who-who? (:

That just means your friend didn't save your number correctly in her phone. Now, if you told her who you were and she still has no clue who you are-- then your boyfriend might have a valid reason to call you that. :P

Texting isn't the only form of social communication