By Anonymous - 04/01/2013 06:18 - United States - La Marque

Today, my boyfriend called me anti-social. To prove him wrong I texted one of my friends. She texted back, "Who's this??" FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 655
You deserved it 7 945

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are anti-social and yet have a boyfriend? Please OP tell me how you achieved this so that I may finally achieve this as well!!

Maybe she accidentally deleted your contact name? Restored her iPhone? Either way, FYL.

Comments

Who needs friends when you have the internet ?

Lol kinda true to a point, but yet again going clubing isnt as good with out those good mates or girlfriends :S

I'm not antisocial. I just have a strong aversion to BS, drama and pretending. :)

Silent_Thrill 17

Funny how most people who say that are usually the ones who cause most of the problems and are right in the middle of the "drama". Just an observation.

Yeah, she probably deleted your number. Whether it was by accident or not, is a different story. FYL

Hakaan 10

I hate when people confuse antisocial personality disorder with simply not talking to people. If you're antisocial, it means you steal things, start fights, cause trouble, break the law, etc.

Looks like you texted the wrong "friend"....

Was she a good friend? Because that would really suck

onorexveritas 23

You know, I find it funny how so many people say "just talk to people!" and "just stop being anti-social/ an introvert!" as if it's so easy. It may be easy for the extroverts out there to go up to people and have a conversation but it can be torturous for the introverts. I'm an introvert and I struggle so much to talk to people I don't know. I'll literally have awkward silences where I try to think of something, anything, to say and nothing comes to mind. I've tried very hard to be more talkative and outgoing but pretty much every attempt has ended in a painful, embarrassing awkward silence. I've just come to terms with the fact that I'm not an outgoing person and it frustrates me to no end when people make approaching and talking to strangers sound so easy when it really isn't for some people.

No... Just talk to people more. I am an introvert too and have been incredibly socially awkward my whole life and two things that boosted my confidence are: getting a job in customer service and hanging out in big groups of people almost every day (because of my boyfriend). I've been doing both for a year and half and though I am still awkward, there is a huge difference from before. I think you just don't realize that it's not an easy and quick process. It's hard, but not impossible! (I don't mean transforming yourself into an extrovert, I mean making yourself more comfortable in social situations.)

hateevryone 14

Maybe your friend got her number changed or she lost all her contacts in her phone. Don't feel bad, just get out more.