By tarynfaye - 21/12/2011 11:28 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I gave each other early Christmas gifts. I gave him a basketball signed by his favorite player, which took me forever to find. He got me diet pills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 011
You deserved it 4 847

Same thing different taste

Top comments

meganfoxsbitch 0

Tell him if he doesn't like you the way you are then you don't feel the need to give him any "love"..

Comments

EffinToofer 3

Maybe this was the least hurtful way he could think of to tell you that you've let yourself go lately. He just wants to be attracted to you. I would want to know if there was anything I could do to be more attractive to the man I love.

DizzyDancer 3

In what world is THAT the lest hurtful way to explain to someone that they should lose some weight. It was petty and he is a moron.

flockz 19

11- Really? For Xmas though? .... You're a ******* idiot.

EffinToofer 3

I said that it could have been the best way HE could think of. We don't know the whole story. Also, I'm sure he didn't know what the gift she got was going to be before she gave it to him. I gave a possible scenario. And why do we have to act so different because it's close to Christmas? All I'm saying is maybe the guy is not really a jerk. But here at FML, we like to say "He's a jerk/idiot. Dump him!"

Uh. The best he can think of is DIET PILLS for Christmas? Sorry, no, that's no excuse. When you give a gift you're supposed to think of what the OTHER person would like to receive, not what YOU want. Basically that guy thought he was being slick and getting himself two gifts, one from his girlfriend (which happened to be an expensive and very thoughtful gift) and then one from himself; a skinnier girlfriend (if his girlfriend had been low-esteemed enough to allow him to control her like that.)

skinny_treats 6

You are someone I would describe, FOREVER ALONE.

I find it funny that people care enough to write out paragraphs... just calm down!

s1ckpup 0

or maybe the op should play basketball with him, great way of exercise.

hateevryone 14

diet pills? aw hell no, take the ball back!

s1ckpup 0

Bouncing on top of him will help her lose calories ;-)

blackjewels 2

He doesn't deserve any bouncing on top of him, he deserves to be kicked so hard he can't walk for a month!

flockz 19

and then he'll have black jewels?

BF wants her to lose weight, not crush his nutsack.

perdix 29

Do you think that you can convert him into a plumpa humpa by bribing him with an expensive gift?

I say take the ball back and bounce it right off his face. Seriously, I gained 60 pounds because of medications a little over a year ago. I have been slowly loosing the weight, but have been very self conscious about it. My boyfriend has stuck by me the whole time telling me no matter how much I weigh I will always be the same beautiful and sexy woman he first met. You need to find a man like that! That jerk doesn't deserve your love.

Maybe that's a sign... not that you need to lose weight, but that you need to get a new man.

linkinpark98 23

Hell naw! She could sell it and buy her new man something nice. :) ( That is, the new man she should get after she dumps this loser's ass. )

Dude your profile pic = AWESOME nuff said lol

bizarre_ftw 21