By Anonymous - 11/07/2015 06:13 - Australia

Today, my boss told me I wasn't getting the promotion I'd been angling for. I was so pissed off, I ranted to a coworker about it over lunch. Turns out my boss was just testing how I dealt with rejection before making his final decision. He overheard my rant and me calling him a Nazi bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 193
You deserved it 37 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coland 19

Why are you getting mad at him for not giving you the promotion it's his job to see who would do the job best and you obviously don't deserve it if you are calling him a "nazi b*tch"

mom_of_5 10

Bet you did Nazi that coming! Bad pun...but seriously, very unprofessional. Personal feelings should be separated from business. It creates nothing but tension and trouble.

Comments

As rejection can be part of every job, you totally deserved it. I wouldn't want to work with someone who breaks down just because something didn't go their way, and moving that person higher in the chain of command is completely out of the question. As other people have said, you should've yelled about it at home. Work is no place for personal feelings. Plus, it sounds like you went a little over the top with the anger there. Calling someone a "nazi" for denying you a promotion is a little harsh. I can understand complaining to your friend about how hard you worked, but name calling shows childishness.

Calling people 'Nazis' is so inappropriate. I don't think not giving your spoilt ass a promotion equates to the horror and atrocities that the Nazis caused for the world.

Thank you! Finally, someone understands that they were awful and were committing genocide. It's kinda like if we were to joke about slavery. Most people would frown upon that, but Nazi jokes seem to be ok for some reason that's way beyond me.

I kind of think it is understandable that you were upset and ranted. I mean if you felt like you deserved the promotion, then i can understand you were angry.

Op could of had that promotion their boss wasnt saying that ops workwasnt good .hust that op didnt handle rejection well , and if your in a manager position or higher you need to be able to handle rejection and critism the right way.

you and your boss both are assholes Op..FYL and obviously YDI

bnbhimp 10

Bad advice. Always share donuts. Donuts are love.

Share the doughnuts, it makes the whole office happy :)

Suck it up Princess. You don't always get what you want and you don't always deserve what you get.

If you're ranting because you didn't get a promotion OP, you might not be mature enough to deserve the promotion in the first place.