By replaced - 22/02/2016 03:03 - United States - Marietta

Today, my boss fired me because his girlfriend wanted the job I had. She has no experience whatsoever in my line of work, it was just his "anniversary present" for her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 212
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Neat, an FML that makes me sick to my stomach with no detailed imagery of something gross.

Sorry you ever wasted any time working for that man, OP. :(

Comments

This reminds me. years ago my brother was a junior partner at a law firm till the head of the firm wanted to make his son a partner and fired my brother for it (something to do with not sharing control percentage of the firm)

All of the above, but seriously, worst boyfriend ever. Who the hell wants to work with their partner (unless they are runnimng their own business)?? And for an anniversary present?? No, dude.

"Hey, (your ex-boss's name)! I'm gonna let my dog piss all over your shoe for his birthday! Have fun!"

SwiftNerd 9

Sorry to hear that, but you know the saying "sex sells."

this is totally going to backfire on him when they break up!

People: please stop saying at-will applies. It doesn't in this case. For one, hiring someone you're having sex with is a blatant example of the "quid pro quo" harassment the EEOC has successfully sued employers for under federal law. You don't have to be discriminating against EVERYONE of a certain sex, only favoring certain people with sex as the reason for it. Second, you don't have to be TOLD that sex is the reason for a personnel move, if you can prove it, and it sounds like the OP wouldn't have a hard time.

Surely that isn't legal, sue that company for all its worth!

Assuming that you have an at will contract, there has to be actual reasoning behind your being fired (I.e missing work, not completing duties, giving business a bad image) in order to be fired. Otherwise this is a wrongful discharge and you have grounds to sue. If you have proof that this was the reason you were fired, I honestly suggest you try to take some sort of action against the business.