By replaced - 22/02/2016 03:03 - United States - Marietta

Today, my boss fired me because his girlfriend wanted the job I had. She has no experience whatsoever in my line of work, it was just his "anniversary present" for her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 212
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Neat, an FML that makes me sick to my stomach with no detailed imagery of something gross.

Sorry you ever wasted any time working for that man, OP. :(

Comments

on the bright side there is a reason for the saying "you don't shit where you eat" and your boss will probably learn that the hard way when he has to start bossing his gf around

That's entirely illegal, file a lawsuit.

Oh nooo. You better believe I'm going to HR for that.

actually #8, it depends on the state, here in Delaware, we are what's called an "at will" hire and fire state, they legally don't have to give you any reason. unless it's a family owned business, it's called Nepotism, which yes is illegal, but he can just as easily deny that's why he fired you, so hopefully you have a witness or some type of tangible proof. good luck with your lawsuit, OP, cause as long as your not in a state like Delaware, you have a case.

Lawsuit. It's probably going to backfire on him anyways, hiring someone completely inexperienced.

isnt that illegal? i thought they had to prove a valid reason to fire.

SwiftNerd 9

It depends on the state you live in.

No it doesn't. This is a "quid pro quo" -- sex for a job -- and is prohibited by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act. EEOC has successfully sued employers for incidences like this.

I didn't mean to press 'you deserved it'. Whoops!

OP, your boss is a big asshole. don't worry and I hope you get a better job next.