By maxthomkell - 25/05/2016 03:51 - United States

Today, my AP government teacher moved our seats and of course, I was seated next to my ex who has harassed me ever since our breakup. When I asked the teacher after class if I could please have a seat change, she told me I would have to write a 3-page essay on why I made the request. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 565
You deserved it 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

concon4815 10

If you explain the situation and the teacher still doesn't make the change then go above them and go to an principal. There is no reason you should have to feel harassed in school

If your teacher won't help you then maybe go to a higher up, OP. Teacher's can be assholes for no reason. Or just write a damn good essay.

Comments

1st page: My ex-boyfriend 2nd page: has been harassing 3rd page: me for a while. "There, 3 pages, now change my seat!"

ashyash90 8

Either way you should talk to the principal or a school counselor because it sounds like he's/she's harassing you which is not only technically illegal but also breaks most schools' student code of conduct. Maybe they can switch him/her to a different class or something and make sure to stick with friends in the halls/free periods to make sure you have witnesses if he/she tries to keep it up!

Well this FML can be the start of your essay. Just kidding, go to the principal.

if you go to the principal the teacher will give you hell for the rest of the time you have this teacher.

It's May in the United States. OP probably won't have this teacher more than a few more weeks.

#44, I'm pretty sure it's May everywhere.

You should also talk to your parents about this. They should know your ex is harassing you and that the teacher refuses to do anything about it. (I would think telling her that your ex has been harassing you since you broke up would be reason enough to change your seat.) The school principal should also know of the harassment and your teacher's utterly unreasonable request.

kellyem2 20

Maybe it's just me, but I'd write the essay using excruciating, embarrassing detail. This teacher obviously needs to learn some boundaries.

That sounds like a fast track to getting rid of the problem

That's when you give her a 3 page paper repeating "My ex is a selfish, heartless asshole and I will stab his heart out."

making threats in class May result in her being suspended. Bad idea

Suspension would remove her from her ex and the harassment, and possibly draw attention to the teachers negligence.

No, a suspension would hurt OP's case here. People who get suspended get labeled as trouble makers- and "trouble makers" are usually considered liars. Schools also tend to support their staff regardless of how badly it ***** over the students involves. So a suspension would make getting any official actions towards the matter much harder, and would enable the Ex to escalate the situation since the teachers will sit by and justify it by saying that OP deserves it for being a trouble maker or that they are exaggerating.

If the ex is the psycho you claim s/he is, you shouldn't have any problem filling out three pages about why this is a problem. Eff Your Ell, either way.

Start the essay with "You only have yourself to blame for this..."