By noooooo - 22/01/2010 07:32 - Canada

Today, I ran 5 miles to catch the bus I take to university after missing my connection. When I got to the bus stop, I realized I had left my U-Pass on my desk at home. On top of the assignment that was due. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 044
You deserved it 8 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You forgot pretty much everything you need. Did you leave naked aswell? Is that the other part of the FML you decided to omit? Yes, I'm patronising you.

..........Awww THAT REALLY SUCKS MAN!!! it did happen to me once .. so i went home and wrote to my teacher via mail what happened. she understood c= may be u shud be honest and tell the truth !

Comments

..........Awww THAT REALLY SUCKS MAN!!! it did happen to me once .. so i went home and wrote to my teacher via mail what happened. she understood c= may be u shud be honest and tell the truth !

Uni is a bit different from highschool. The OP could probably turn the assignment in late, with a minor late penalty. But if I'm not wrong, usually if you turn it in by the same day, even if it wasn't during the course hour, there still shouldn't be any deduction.

I hope youre a runner because not everyone can just run 5 miles. and i would know because i am a runner.

haha mine was not exactly the same thing .. i didnt ran for the bus and i had my bus' pass with me!!! but the thing is that i did like 40 minutes in the bus and i realized that my project was at home!!

__no_one__ 0

I'm a TA at university, and I can't even accept assignments turned in late the same day. It's a hard rule, no exceptions. I accept emailed assignments though, but only if I get the email before the deadline. Actually, in a lot of science-y classes at my uni it's the same.

You forgot pretty much everything you need. Did you leave naked aswell? Is that the other part of the FML you decided to omit? Yes, I'm patronising you.

GeorgeBoosh 0

Not naked, but without brain.

GreenDaemon21 0

its ok. womens dont need to do good in college. you gonna end up being a stay-at-home mom regardless wat you're gpa is anyways. just be sure to catch the right guys gaze at the next party.

If FML made "like" buttons like on facebook, I'd like your comment snickerdoodles.

GreenDaemon21 0

how about u making me a sammich

GreenDaemon21 Based on your comment, should we expect you to be the one to "bring home the bacon"? because it seems that with your lack of intelligence, you'll be lucky if McDonald's ever hires you.

GreenDaemon21, the seventies called, they said they want their catchphrase back. (PS: I'm quite liking these "time" jokes.)

GreenDaemon21 0

making a sammich is a woman's job. u need some serious gettin in touch with what mans and womans roles are in this society, girl

rmiller336 0

stupid pothetic piece of shit! grow up

Oh dear that spelling is making my eye twitch. Pathetic****

anela_fml 0

@snickerdoodles: that sounds so delicious

Kylias 6
bloodhoundbambam 0

U need to go out more. Woman have equal right as man. well based on your reaction I guess you Never had a girlfriend (for a long time).

Please learn how to spell and how to seem like an educated person, not like the high school dropout vibe I'm getting right now. Live and let learn, emphasis on live

carrotpuke 0

That sucks, but you ran 5 miles to catch a bus?? That's some dedication.

After missing your connection... ..doesn't that mean that you had just gotten off one bus? Didn't you need your pass for the first bus? unless it was a different type of bus.. I confuse..

tiancai 0

From what I can make of it, the "U-pass" she was referring to seems to be more along the lines of a student ID or something of the sort which she requires to access the university campus...

doctorseuss 0

a "U-Pass" is a bus pass that you pay for and get a sticker to put on your student ID card. So she could have just paid for the bus this one time but it's kind of pointless to go to school since she didn't have anything to turn in. And to the previous comment, she missed her connection so she had to run the 5 miles instead of taking the first bus

"when I got to the bus stop" How does that indicate that they already went on a bus?

She may have gotten off the Skytrain, which is Vancouver's subway system. She probably just got onto the train, not realizing that she didn't have her U-pass. They rarely check to see if everyone has passes.

so true i get around for free even on buses...its easy

or maybe she goes to ufv (in which the upass only works in Abbotsford) and took the bus from Langley or somewhere

sounds like something that would happen to me

Did you only just remember that it was all a dream?

I'm calling fake. 5 miles is just absurd. I'm in track. Trust me 5 miles is beyond anybodys willpower when it comes to catching a bus to school. Call in sick say you got the 24 hour flu from a friend. Or say your pets violently sick. There's tons of excuses you can use.

Reaper181991 0

im not in track and have ran/jogged that far to get to school. it can be because if you miss anymore days they fail you or it could be that the college has a policy of miss so many days and they kick u out of the class/college

Why do people who post FMLs always separate prepositional phrases from the sentence?

Good point. I just got done with a weekful of exams so I'm pretty much burnt.

I'm pretty sure I made a typo in my last reply.