By jimmyt420 - 29/11/2009 09:33 - United States

Today, me and my girlfriend went and saw "The Blind Side." I sobbed throughout the entire movie. My girlfriend didn't shed a tear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 565
You deserved it 16 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crzyry 6

There's nothing wrong with that. That movie was amazing. I didn't cry watching but it was still good.

a tear drop is cute, sobbing- thats a no no

Comments

Interestingly, apparently boys and girls cry about the same amount into adolescence. After that, girls cry significantly more. Additionally it does not appear that crying actually makes you feel better. Rather it a distress call to those around you "I am feeling bad. Make me feel better." Guys tend to cry over genuine emotional feeling (bereavements etc), and do not tend to cry out of frustration or stress. There is probably from evolutionary reasons. Our forefather's problems tended to be concrete (e.g.; a charging woolly mammoth does not care if you are feeling tired and emotional), whereas more of our female ancestors problems were in a social milieu and could be alleviated by others wishing to help them. The difference in likelihood of crying pretty much the same in all cultures, so it is relatively unusual for a guy out of adolescence to cry in the cinema. Unless, of course it is because a dog heroically sacrificed itself fighting a bear to save its owner.

"Additionally it does not appear that crying actually makes you feel better. Rather it a distress call to those around you 'I am feeling bad. Make me feel better.'" Er, this isn't true, not in the slightest. I know that it sounds good, but as an MD and keeping up-to-date in clinical psychology as work intensively with grieving families, I have to say that this is completely and utterly wrong. There are not only psychological benefits from crying, but there are actually physiological benefits as well.

for some reason the comment got posted twice. Fail!

dude, it's like rudy, you just gotta cry.

xoconnie 8

theres nothig cry worthy in that movie.... i saw it

Renflower 0

Paranormal activity? The girl seems hard to emotionally affect at movies, so she'd probably need a film that's, you know, actually scary. I found Paranormal Activity boring on par with most chick flicks.

Forn2 0

Thats like my dad, he wont cry at any movies except football movies

l33tm0nk3y 0

I know exactly jack about that particular movie, but I'm just gonna throw it out there that I don't see anything wrong with guys crying cuz of heartwarming moments in movies and such. The whole stereotype that guys aren't supposed to have emotions besides lust, anger, and apathy is total shit, and is a major factor in what's wrong with our society.

Meh. Different things affect people differently. Anyone who gives shit to a guy for crying because of some ass-backward bullshit learned perceptions they have needs to just mind their own business or FOAD.

kittysunj 0

SO? what, are you afraid people will call you gay? at least you have a girlfriend! the only thing you should be upset about is you say fml to being a sensitive person!

jenniferxxlou 0

WHo cares? So, you're sensative. If your gf loves you, she won't care