By curvster daughter - 02/11/2013 18:46 - United States

Today, like every other day, my daughter thinks that degrading skinny people is very "non-conformist" and "edgy". This time, though, a slightly slim girl punched her in the face when she accused her of being anorexic. Now people think I gave my daughter her new black eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 408
You deserved it 6 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Your daughter is a bully. Sit down and have a stern talk with her. She needs to learn some respect. Sorry that she got a black eye, but she deserved it for being like that.

Putting down skinny girls is the same as putting down thicker girls, honestly. They can feel insecure about their weight too. Your daughter was a bitch to point that out. She deserves it, but you don't. FYL, OP.

Comments

If this is what being a non-conformist is these days, then I'm perfectly happy with my kids being normal.

TheDrifter 23

You don't want your children to grow up and start hurling insults at skinny people from a motorized scooter in the Wal-Mart parking lot? How mainstream of you Doc.

She deserved it. And you should give her a talking to.

ladypunk 8

Shouldn't you be concerned more about your daughter being an obnoxious bully than what people think about you because she got a black eye?

No offense, she had it coming. Sucks for you though!

stephers444 17

Your daughter is a bitch and she definitely deserved it. Making fun of people is never cool

Your daughter deserves it. As a skinny person, I can honestly say that it hurts when people accuse me of being anorexic, bulimic, and even of being a binge eater.

Body shaming at any size isn't cool. Something more "non-comformist" would be seeing the beauty in every body type. Maybe teach your daughter to have respect for other human beings.

It sounds like the deeper problem here is your daughter's issue with herself being overweight. She wouldn't feel the need to bully others if she was happy with herself. Get her some help, OP. And she totally deserved her black eye.

Good on the girl who punched your daughter, she deserved it. Sucks for you though, bit of an extreme thing to assume.

...the reason you're upset about this is because it makes YOU look bad?

35 - You'd be upset too if your kid earned a black eye and people decided you did it.