By Anonymous - 08/05/2009 03:02 - Canada

Today, I was at a restaurant when I heard a young girl telling her father she didn't think she was pretty. When I got up to leave, I walked past her table and told her she was beautiful. Her dad then punched me in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 999
You deserved it 16 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

see, this is why we can't have nice things.

Aria_fml 0

How is it fake? The dad could have thought he was hitting on his daughter. @OP: that was still a very sweet thing to do. :)

Comments

see, this is why we can't have nice things.

no good deed goes unpunished. that was really very thoughtful of you. I wish someone did that for me. way to be OP

lelanatty 0

haha! I guess OP learned not to mess with girls when their fathers are around. YDI for not knowing that in the first place?

Macromartyr 3

lol 196 I was going to do that

um he was trying to brighten up her day because he's gentleman enough to understand every girl deserves to feel beautiful? her dad took it too seriously . but good job OP :)

Kind of depends on how old the OP is. I could understand the dad if OP's some middle aged guy compared to the young girl.

taylorchasewhite 0

thats so fake. nobody actually acts like that, come on...

Aria_fml 0

How is it fake? The dad could have thought he was hitting on his daughter. @OP: that was still a very sweet thing to do. :)

pcgeek 0

the world needs more people like the op and less people like the dad and most of the Jack asses commenting on here. you know who you are

Yeah, but the dad shouldn't have punched OP in the face. That's assault.

I say YDI. Maybe she needed to hear that, but not from a complete stranger with her dad right there. There's a time and a place, and you picked the creepier of both of those options.

That COULD be taken as creepy, but really. I don't think that calls for a punch. That was sweet of you. (:

xbOw00 0

At comment number 4: Sure, she definitely needed to hear that, but I'd have to disagree with the "There's a time and a place" comment. They were in a restaurant, and the OP would have little chance of ever seeing this girl again. You can't blame him.

ditlihi 0

So you butted in to some strangers' family business? YDI.

Unlucky13Q 0

he was JUST tryingna ta na be niiiceee

Nice thing to do dude, bad luck that she had a prick of a father.

He probably just thought you were a pedophile XD sux 4 u tho

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

there are many girls who are extremely beautiful but are insecure about it, not to mention you may have a different view of beauty than another person. everyone has a different outlook on the subject.