By slavelaborsux - 29/08/2011 23:59 - United States

Spicy
Today, it was my first day on the job as a first grade teacher. One student pushed another, so I asked him to apologize. His response? "If you boss me around, I'll tell Daddy you touched me somewhere you shouldn't have." I think I'm now this kid's slave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 764
You deserved it 3 892

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

I'd report that little shit to his parents. Don't let him boss you around or else more and more kids will follow and you'll be miserable. Stand up for yourself!

Is it me, or are children getting less and less respectful at a sickeningly fast rate?

Comments

Call his parents and explain the situation to them...hopefully they'll be understanding. FYL.

TraceCase_ 19

They're probably not completely oblivious to the fact that their kid is a manipulative little brat. ...or maybe they are! O.o

that is such a weird situation. "mister so-and-so? your son may or may not come home and tell you that i touched him inappropriately. it's totally not true, though!"

nick347b 6

That's one hell of a good way to blackmail a teacher.

rbhockey9 0

He's got you in a tough situation actually. Record his behavior through some secret cam in your classroom and bust his ass for being a dick in your classroom

I was thinking the same thing. but then again if they find tapes of lil kids on him. I think he's going to be looking at a more serious offence lol

it is actually illegal to have any recording source in the classroom, but the second your in a hallway of sorts, its ok

That definitely needs to be immediately brought to the attention of your principal & maybe even higher (to cover your ass) and the kids parents immediately notified. That's nuts! My daughter is going into Grade One & she would never think to say something like that. Thus the reason you need to cover your own ass before you talk to the parents...he learned it from somewhere!

godofcyanide 8

Best advice so far. As a teacher, I can tell you that the first thing to do is make sure your superiors are aware of the situation. A parent may take his kid's word over one teacher; if the administration gets involved, parents usually defer to them. They may even discuss it with the parents immediately. It's hard to teach under those conditions.

113 is 100% right parents are more likely to believe their child over a teacher when the child says the teacher did something wrong. As soon as those words came out of that childs mouth OP should have called the principal and told him or her what occured. Let the principal deal with the parents.

sunlovinmama 1

For sure report what the kid said and carry a tape recorder around or request your classroom be tape recorded so people can see for themselves whats going on when you attempt to correct him appropriately. You should learn to protect yourself and outwit kids like this now cause their numbers are growing. Those are serious accusations

Depending on what state they're in, that can be illegal. Some states require that you have both parties consent in order to be recorded. Its to cut down on slander

As a second grade teacher, I have heard this one before. First explain the entire situation to the Principal and the Vice Principal, or the Dean of students. Have them notify the parents, and schedule a meeting between the school board, the Dean, and the parents, without the child present. Allow the parents to go home and discipline as they please, and then have a meeting with the parents with the student present. Don't let children threaten you, just make sure you do what you can to make sure that the child can no longer threaten you like that.

great advice. don't forget your teachers advocacy board!

reddawn85 8

Kids these days. Did anyone else grow up in the time where being disciplined as a child was not only accepted, but encouraged? It used to build character, not damage them psychologically. I got an occasional smack in the mouth and I can honestly say I deserved it everytime.

*raises hand proudly* Every time I see a spoiled rotten little brat running around the store, pulling everything off shelves, I go home, call my Dad, and thank him so much for all the times he put me in the corner, took away my toys, and gave me the occasional swat when I was much younger, to discourage me from behaving like that.

Hell yea I rember geting disiplined by my friends parents and then my parents again for them having to do it. Kids just need to learn it's not ok to be ******* ass holes.

BellaBelle_fml 23

If I made my mom punish me during the day, when my dad got home from work he would punish me again for making my mom punish me. Unless you've been slapped upside the head so hard it males your spit fly out of your mouth and slap you upside the head again you have not had a good childhood! But, there is a huge line between discipline and abuse and my parents never crossed it. If I made my dad extremely mad he wouldn't punish me until he had calmed down to prevent crossing that line.

reddawn85 8

Nothing struck fear into my heart more than the words "Wait until your Father gets home." This progressive parenting crap has got to go.

Confuciussay 6

Nothing beats going home after being punished at school for bad grades from your teachers and then going home to your parents with the report card that they have to sign. Especially when my mom have the tendency to grab anything she could use as a weapon when she's mad. Got to love being Asian.

BellaBelle_fml 23

Nothing scared me more than when dad took his belt off to spank me. The sound it made flying through the belt loops, papapapapaPOW! You know judgement has come! Or when we're in public and dad says, "When I get you home, I'm gonna half kill you." Sigh, those were the good ol' days.

I do so agree with you. Judicious spanking does not damage a kids self esteem. In fact, my daughter loves me more due to the fact that I disciplined her when she was a child.

That's because in today's world kids are taught there are on rules, no boundaries. So when they run against one they will test it. If you (as a parent, and as many of your parents did) hold firm then they will love you for it. You have given them a solid place to hang onto a rule they know is stable and unchanging. Something that is real and defined. Kids love structure, they want to know there are rules and consequences Instead of all the mindless hogwash about everyone gets to make up their own rules and treat each other like scum. Because if you don't teach them there are rules at home and at school. Then they become little degenerate teenagers and end up in trouble with the law because suddenly there are rules that have life altering results when broken.

cmb8280 24

I got my ass whooped and grew up to be a better person because of it. **** this new age bullshit. My kids will be raised the old fashioned way, and they will respect their elders and authority. I am thankful every day for the job my parents did raising me.

Kids are beginning to be annoying as shit.

dudeitsdanny 9

Who wants Trix anymore? They stopped coming in cool shapes =( Maybe that's why kids are ****** up.

Hahaha i wish i knew that excuse as a kid!!