By Anonymous - 16/01/2014 01:57 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, it was my first day at my new school. I've never been the new girl before, so I asked my best friend for advice. She said, "Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances, be yourself." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 180
You deserved it 5 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Indianboy9321 25

In my experience, my best friend(s) are usually the ones that can joke slightly harshly with me without anyone taking offense, so I wouldn't take it to heart. Just be a nice, genuine person and you will have friends in no time!

A little advice from someone who went to a few different high schools. Always be who you are, everyone knows when you're putting on an act.

Comments

GingerRoot 13

When I was the new kid at my schools I just went with the flow for the first few days then would pick my own way from there

ZY1431 24

that works also. get a feel for how things are then go from there. just don't pretend

... because they will be intimidated by your awesomeness!

Stay confident and hold your head up high :) don't be shy, talk to people.

Meld86 12

Hope your first day went great and made new friends :)

XBurytheCastleX 25

Well, I am suggesting you listen to her but just for the first day or 2. That gives you time to learn who the bullies are and how to avoid them. After you know their weaknesses then there is no stopping you.

You'll have to ask her what her intentions are.. But when I was in school confidence was key and being playful and having fun is what drew attention..

JMichael 25

We are who we are and we can't always change that. I say be yourself OP, and those who are true friends will accept you for who you are.

Don't blend in stand out... She was probably joking...