By Anonymous - 20/01/2011 03:44 - United States

Today, it was my daughter's birthday. She had been wanting a cat for a long time, so I went to the animal shelter and got an orange one. As soon as she saw it, she ran upstairs screaming, "GINGER! GINGER!" She refuses to come downstairs until I get rid of "the soulless creature." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 045
You deserved it 8 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

SgtPrinny44556 0

I have an awesome Ginger cat too! ^_^

BottuhlRockit 0

wow.. south park child over here lol

JLT22 0

you should take it back for a better 1... i mean your daughter.

agirlnamedlogan 5

Your daughter is a racist brat. If someone shunned me and called me a "soulless creature" just because of my hair color, I'd make them headless. Well, not headless, but I'd make them wish they weren't such an ignorant *****. FYL for trying to give your daughter what she wanted, but YDI for raising your daughter in a Ginger-less environment.

Acousticpixie14 6

That doesn't make her racist. She's judging by hair color...not by race... This whole comment just screams "ignorance" to me.

The may not be technically a racist but she is prejudice. Either way, the parents are going to have to teach her tolerance.

hahaha gingers are a race! they're everywhere! If you don't get the reference, Inbox me haha.

Actually the concept of judging redheads stems from historical references of racism. Faigin, Shylock, etc. Although fictional, these characters depicts the anti-Semitic views of Shakespearean and Dickensonian times. Jews were seen as souless beings who were in cahoots with the devil and who would perform blood rituals. They were either depicted as redheads OR other accounts suggest they were forced to wear red hats and were forced into ghettos that were patrolled by christians. Other accounts stem from the historical English sentiment that Irish or Celtic people, whose red hair was their most distinguishing feature, were ethnically inferior. Modern times, especially after South Park, an influx of the prejudice returned, and I read an account where a 20-year-old man was killed (stabbed), just because he was a redhead... Although I am not a redhead, I think its REALLY sad how prejudice you kids have become, many without realizing it. You think it's funny, but don't you realize this is how racism starts and grows? You bully someone for a distinguishing feature and you laugh as if it has no consequence. But I guess that's what you are... Bullies.

Acousticpixie14 6

It does stem from that, yes, but in modern day, it's not racism. Not all redheads come from the same history. I do think that was very well spoken though, Monkey.

Nextto 0

orange cats are like the black people of the cat world. Hairless cats are the gingers.

my comment was too racist. :( but everyone knows that the himalayan cats are the nerds and the simese cats are the Nazis, thinking they're so damn much better than every other thing ever.

I know a Ginger cat... does that count? his names Murphy and he's fat as hell.

This is why pop culture sucks. I do love South Park though... but I'm old enough to understand that one shouldn't go gingercide just because of a little gingervitis.

Omgitsaireyonna 6