By Anonymous - 20/01/2011 03:44 - United States

Today, it was my daughter's birthday. She had been wanting a cat for a long time, so I went to the animal shelter and got an orange one. As soon as she saw it, she ran upstairs screaming, "GINGER! GINGER!" She refuses to come downstairs until I get rid of "the soulless creature." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 045
You deserved it 8 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

nicesprites 4

I love my Ginger cat! his name is mufusa. Ginger cats need more love!

pink_princess90 0

BOO! Did I scare ya? (FYI: red hair, I has it.)

dtrump_fml 0

how old is your daughter... this sounds fake to me, unless she's in her late teens... idk whatever haha

I would probably pay to see this FML happening before my very eyes, this FML gets funnier everytime I read it.

Your daughter sounds like an ungrateful bitch.

My boyfriend is a ginger, and I'm the only one that can call him that <3 This made me laugh my ass off xD

This is what the internet does to you, people.

Wow. If she can't even treat a damn orange cat properly (what little girl turns down a cat), imagine how she's treating actual red-haired people. The whole "ginger" phenomenon is -sort of- funny with teenagers who know deep-down that it's a joke, and no one can avoid being teased as a teenager anyway, but kids as young as your daughter shouldn't already be ostracizing people, especially not based on hair colour. I'd say this is a perfect opportunity to teach your child some tolerance and how not to be a spoiled/bitchy brat. Don't return the cat. Teach her that although her cat's hair is "ginger", it's no different from other cats and deserves to be loved like any other animal. I hope for the sake of my faith in humanity that your kid picked up the "gingers have no soul" meme from the playground, and not because you were actually letting a small child watch South Park. Teach your kid some damn manners.

That's where you are wrong! Gingers cats indeed do not have souls. in fact, pretty sure no animals have souls.

Well that's a logical fallacy if I ever saw one. First off, I never actually said the cat had a soul, just that it was no different from other cats (whether or not other cats have souls). Second, the main point was that a child shouldn't be discriminating against people/animals because of hair colour. Whether or not animals have soul is completely and 100% off topic.

Maybe the 'ginger phenomenon' is funny where you come from. Where I grew up, I was beaten up, yelled at, and followed home by a gang of kids because of my hair colour.

News flash: there's no such thing as a soul it's called your brain, and you know what happens when you die, it rots in the ground!

lunargh - If that's true then I'm terribly sorry that you had to live your childhood surrounded by a bunch of idiots who were actually stupid enough to base their social realities around what they saw in cartoons. I hope that after school you were able to move somewhere where the people don't have the IQ of Sarah Palin with blunt-force brain trauma, and were able to have a happier life.

Get that cat out fast, Gingervitus is contagious!

myunicornbarfedo 0

what the hell is wrong with you?! you stop being stupid and soul-less yourself.