By VladyBoi - 01/11/2011 00:18 - United States

Today, it's my first Halloween in America since moving from Russia. While handing candy to children, my roommate told me to compliment a little girl by saying "You have a face only a parent could love". I found out it isn't a compliment when I was punched by her Dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 267
You deserved it 5 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Punch your roommate! Make him/her suffer too!

who else read this FML while doing a russian accent? :D

Comments

In soviet Russia there is only tricking and no treating

Wow your roommate sounds like a dick and welcome to America :)

I had that happen to me when I was in Ukraine but he told me to say "I'm a dirty ****" to a 40 year old man.. I feel your pain

je_suis_fml 11

So, will everyone pose as a Russian to prove a point about OP's comprehension? Sheesh, is it even safe to state that it's possible that people understand things differently? "Even" in America throughout the different coasts (i.e. west, east, south, & north) there are different dialects, intonation, catchphrases, etc., which could portray a different tone/meaning of a variety of things said & done. Shit, what I'm saying is not all things said will be understood the same just because a few people are from the same ******* country. A country! Yea... I think that's what I'm saying.

Is it bad I read that fml all in a Russian accent?

bobbyc7 0

In all fairness, by the way you write makes it seem like you have a pretty good grasp on the english language. IMO, you should at least have the common sense to figure out what that meant. Just sayin'

The FML moderators fix any grammar errors ಠ_ಠ

#124 thats not true, you are obviously ignorant when it comes to languages and cultures (i dont mean this as an insult). i am learning german (Ich lerne Deutsch) and i gotta say im pretty damn good at it so far but just because im good at the language doesnt mean that i would know their customs or their culture. for example, if it wasnt for Inglourious Basterds i wouldnt know that in Germany they use their thumb when they signal the number three. you could say "you are pretty good a speaking German, you should know that that's how they show the #3 or that they don't switch hands after cutting up a steak" my point being, just because he has a good grasp of the language doesnt mean he should know our culture or our customs.

Sorry but that means your too ugly for anyone but your parents to love you

RKD 23

ya doomieyou eta horrosho govoreet!

funny but totally not nice! Make sure you get them back! Post their number on a S&M website or their photo on Craigslist asking for ugly fat men pics ;)