By reallyman__639 - 13/12/2011 12:26 - United States

Today, it's my birthday. My boyfriend took me to dinner and near the end, he pulled out a long, rectangular box. Thinking it was a necklace, I got very excited. It was a wand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 556
You deserved it 17 501

Same thing different taste

Comments

I think it is time to start dating kids before they leave the kinder garden

#12 you think it's time OP starts dating children before they leave kindergarten? What...

Muslimgal92 0

#12 is a pedo bear!!!! All the signs show that he is a pedophile. Not knowing to spell kindergarten..(most pedophiles are illiterate)and saying you should date children, duh!!

McAninch35 9

This comment makes me want to smash my head through a wall.

EmperorHilo 11

He might have misheard what you wanted, or he's not as mature as you were hoping.

I think the real question here is, how has EmperorHilo survived this long? According to Darwin, he/she should have been eradicated long ago.

Maybe he was letting OP know that he is not a muggle.

Go near a jewelry shop at the dead of night and say "Accio Jewelry". Make sure you bring lots of storage compartments.

I'd be ecstatic if someone bought me a wand; even if they don't really do magic, I think it would be neat to have. Stop being an ungrateful bitch, OP; obviously he cares enough to think of YOU when he buys you a gift instead of buying some gift that he's "supposed' to get for his girlfriend.

desireev 17

It isn't a matter of what he is supposed to get her.. He needs to get her things she is interested in.. So stop jumping the gun! Just because you'd do one thing doesn't mean that everyone should do what you would do!!!

39 - OP should be thankful she received a gift. With the attitude her present should be tailor made to her wishes, it would serve her right to get nothing.

Why would he randomly buy her a wand if she wasn't into magical/mythical things? That's something you'd get someone who was actually into that stuff; you wouldn't buy it for someone who wasn't. She's just being ridiculous because her boyfriend didn't buy her something "pretty".

He thinks of you enough to get you a present you don't like? Yeah, that isn't a sign of caring. Getting someone a more unique present is good, but only if it is something they actually like. According to you, him buying her the first random thing he found is better than buying jewellery. Just because people on here like Harry Potter, doesn't mean OP does, or that she should be happy to get a useless stick.

That's not what I'm saying at all. If he randomly bought her a Harry Potter wand without even stopping to think if she actually liked it or not, then yeah, he's stupid. But I really don't see why the **** you'd buy someone something like that if you knew they weren't into it. Me, I love Harry Potter, so yeah, I'd love it if my boyfriend bought me a wand. But if I wasn't into it, then yeah, I'd think it was dumb. However, for the FML at hand, if she actually does like Harry Potter (or things that are related), and he went out and bought her something like a big, fancy, collector's item wand from the HP store, and she stuck her nose up to it because it wasn't jewelery? I'd say **** HIS life for having such a stuck up, ungrateful girlfriend.

Why do mortals think that people have to be obligated to get them a birthday present after they took them out to dinner already? Be a little more grateful and you'll see that you have no reason to **** your life. All of you.

stewpididiot 11

Is it about 12 inches long & about 2 in diameter ???

GrammarNazzzzzi 6

...and was it made out of "wood"?

I'm not a Harry Potter fan (and it seems the OP isn't either), but I do enjoy sharing my nerdiness with partners. I could see myself giving a partner the one ring, dice, or a rare magic card as a present.

It's only a good present if your partner shares the interest, otherwise it's basically you giving the present to yourself.

beccerz 6

That sucks but happy birthday :)

Capt_Oblivious 10