By CUNTCUNTCUNT - 29/01/2014 21:28 - Australia - Slacks Creek

Today, it's my 8 year anniversary. My boyfriend's "romantic" gesture for the occasion was to toss a few McDonald's coupons at me and tell me to get whatever I wanted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 530
You deserved it 7 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Write "a new boyfriend"on the coupon and throw it back at him...

Comments

Sounds like you ordered a McJerk as a boyfriend.

85, no... Now had I said she ordered a McJerkOFF, then yes, that would have sounded 'sexual'. But I didn't, so you're just a perverted ****.

olpally 32

He should put a wedding ring on your finger after 8 years. The ****? What a cheap asshole.

She may be the one who doesn't want to get married. I have a friend who is in a 6 year long relationship and owns a business with her common law but she finds marriage is a level of commitment she doesn't want.

thrlyrist 6

Why is it your (singular) anniversary but not your (plural) anniversary? May be because he doesn't think it has anything to do with him?

I was wondering the same thing. It may just be grammatical incompetence; it doesn't make sense otherwise.

If OP started the FML with "today, it's our anniversary", it would make less sense. Everyone knows what OP is saying.

However, what you're saying is an extreme mystery.

@ #19 Exactly! Her anniversary of what? If it is indeed THEIR anniversary (as most people in this thread seems to think it is) - why didn't SHE prepare something special? If she indeed has some individual anniversary (first time she dyed her hair blue/ first rock concert/ first sign of menopause/ whatever), and her bf doesn't believe it warrants a night out on the town - how does any one here know that that isn't a logical and thorough assessment of the situation? Maybe she really earned her nic prior to this event, and that's why he had McD coupons in handy?? :P

Then say, "Ok. I'm getting a new boyfriend. Happy Anniversary!"

Yeah lets just forget abour how she spent 8 years of her life by his sides, im sure it'll be easy.

It was just a joke. It's really her choice oh whether she chooses to leave him or not, which of course would definitely not be easy if she chooses to. If it was just that one time, it could easily be forgiven. Maybe he even had a bad day. However, if it kept going on like that with him being always rude, she has the right to find better. All in all, it's her choice to make.

A good reason for there not to be a 9th anniversary

okay, he could have more tact, but maybe an anniversay isnt that HUGE of a deal to him. Heck, on my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend, we sat at home and watched "The Crazies". i love my boyfriend more than my own life, but i dont expect anything big; if he has something planned, great! if not, who cares as long as youre spending time together, right? talk it over with your boyfriend. thats basically the best advice anyone can give you herw.

The title says everything about your boyfriend

Wow, what an ass. I hope you threw them back in his face and told him to **** off and die.

gmc_blossom 21

That's a bit extreme. At least he remembered their anniversary.