By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 18:12 - United States - San Jacinto

Today, it's garbage day. My mom accidentally threw away a receipt she needed to return something and told me to go get it. While I was looking for it, a cop gave me hell for "stealing recyclables on private property." This all happened in my front lawn. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 915
You deserved it 1 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatpeachyperson 12

You should have given him hell for being on your lawn.

Comments

You should have taken the entire trash bin and run off, just for fun

perdix 29

When you put things in a recycling bin, it's like you gave a gift to Mother Earth. To fish something out doesn't make you a thief, just an Indian giver :D

Nymphetamatrix 19

Just explain you were looking for something in your trash and that you live there. He probably mistook you as a homeless man or something.

olpally 32

Just another asshole cop looking to make his tickets quota for the month... Is his last name farva by chance?

They don't have quotas. I know this because half my family is in law enforcement

dominic1221 6

Just another asshole FMLer stereotyping the people trying to protect society.

olpally 32

You just stereotyped me as an asshole... Hypocritical much?

olpally 32

Mods... Delete this conversation before I go apeshit crazy on this guy.

dominic1221 6

No sir, you stereotyped/slandered millions of good people who actually do a good job. That makes you an asshole, nothing stereotyping about it. Edit: Lol, really? Thumbs down got you on edge?

olpally 32

Calling me a name over the Internet isn't any better than me stereotyping... Jeez

Can anyone tell me why ppl are voting his comment down?! You ppl have never hated a cop before or something?! What's wrong with you ppl?! :O

dominic1221 6

41- Just keepin' it real, yo. 46- Yeah, but then most of us grew up and pulled out our heads from our asses.

olpally 32

Notice how my last sentence goes un-noticed because of me stereo typing in the first one. Perhaps read the whole comment before criticizing me.

olpally 32

I'm done.. Rip me a new one all you want now. :(

SenselessPattern 12

I can provide counseling services on weekdays from 8AM - 6PM. First session is free if you bring a buddy. *hint, hint, hint*

#22, depends on locale. Cops can have quotas where I live. City is cash-strapped, and looking for every dollar of revenue.

amandajlucas2015 2

I think it's the cops who bother people who really aren't doin anything wrong and try to make them out like they are braking the law that is why people get mad at cops.. But then again cops do the same thing and catch te bad guys by bothering them.. The cops just need to learn to respect the people who aren't doin drugs and breaking the law and not treat them like the ones who are

I hate cops, too. So far, I have never met a nice one. I'm serious. It may be because of where I live.

jenniiienyc 5

Recyclables usually don't look exactly like trash. I mean old meat and banana peels vs. plastic bottles and what not. What a dumb ass cop. It was probably a slow day. FYL.

That sucks OP, but I would have let him know that was my home and thanked him for keeping an eye on things. You never know when you may need that officer for something serious. Even if he is acting like someone who let power go to his head.

Wow cops have a lot of time in their hands....let's find the next recycling bin criminal!!

Wait. Your moms tells you to go get something she needs and she threw away herself in the garbage? And you actually do that?

Ya who listens to there parents anymore?!... Lol ;)

hazydaze 9

I actually think some kids should be more respectful to their parents. So kudos to OP for doing what her mom asked.

You've got a point, but fishing something out of the garbage... I know I would friendly decline that if I had nothing to do with it. She has hands herself. I hope. Otherwise I feel bad now.

Schizomaniac 24

I was raised in a home where if your mother tells you to do something, you ******* do it. Respect.

Shouldn't he have something better to? Like drug and gun control?

That's when you whip out your license and say, "Kapow! I live here. Heehee! *moonwalk back to the front door*"