By Anonymous - 24/01/2015 18:33 - Romania - Campina

Today, it's been 3 months since my dog scratched my 9 year old granddaughter after she walked over and repeatedly kicked him. My daughter has disowned me and won't let me see my own grandchildren until I have my companion of 11 years "destroyed". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 340
You deserved it 2 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Clearly some adults haven't realized what your granddaughter either has by now or needs to: that there are consequences for actions and that animals are not punching bags.

Comments

perhaps you should threaten to set the Romania equivalent of the RSPCA or ASPCA on her and her daughter. Yeah, I know it's only adding fuel to the fire, but sometimes it's better to do that than let her teach your granddaughter bad life lessons.

Wow, that's a really crappy situation. I'm sorry that you can't see your grandchildren, but your dog was only defending itself. If your 9-year old granddaughter would do something like that for no reason other than to be cruel, perhaps you are better off without her in your life at the moment. I know that sounds harsh, but just think about all the things she would be doing that you don't even know about. Cruelty can start during childhood and get worse as people get older. Of course, she may eventually feel bad about what she did and mature. It's a real iffy thing. Please don't have your dog put to sleep over something that wasn't its fault. Your daughter is being difficult and one-sided. I hope that things will work out for you.

Please dont kill the dog. It meant to protect himself. Its a tough call, but your daughter loves u, and if she doesnt understand the situation its not the dogs fault

Hiimhaileypotter 52

The kid was not MAULED. The kid was SCRATCHED, after SHE repeatedly kicked the dog. That's animal abuse and the kid is old enough to know it's not okay.

Why is punishment always always always always now labeled as abuse... Probably why the brat did it anyways... She knew she wouldn't get in trouble. Also why the mother never taught her daughter right. Because she either was too afraid to enforce rules and being labeled as a child abuser when the little brat was young.. And because of that the toxic relationship of "I'm your friend not your parent" began. And obviously as others have said by age nine,( usually five) kids are in some form of school. Where hitting is wrong. Children are also told not to hit younger than that. To be have and be nice. Even at three, two and one. Although the punishment is different for each age. Nine is plenty old enough to get a belt to her punk ass or a slap on the mouth.

momoalam 5

Don't put your dog down, you should put your daughter down

kimeatszombies 22

I would've drop kicked my child if they did that. (Not really. Abuse is bad)

I feel for you. I have a sister who never forgave my favorite dog for barking at and 'supposedly' biting at one of her kids when I literally caught my 4 or 5 year old niece kicking her when she just walked up wagging her tail all loving. Some people just don't see reason and their children can do no wrong. I still haven't gotten over that one.

Maybe put the animals away next time? instead of putting both the dog and child at risk.

Animals shouldn't be punished because the kids are idiots.

Your granddaughter should be destroyed.