By Anonymous - 24/01/2015 18:33 - Romania - Campina

Today, it's been 3 months since my dog scratched my 9 year old granddaughter after she walked over and repeatedly kicked him. My daughter has disowned me and won't let me see my own grandchildren until I have my companion of 11 years "destroyed". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 340
You deserved it 2 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Clearly some adults haven't realized what your granddaughter either has by now or needs to: that there are consequences for actions and that animals are not punching bags.

Comments

Your daughter is a ******* ass. I went off on my Nieces father for kicking my dog because my niece was playing with him and he got excited to play and he wagged his tail and hit her with it. I pushed him and rd him if he ever laid a hand or kicked my dog again I would knock him the **** out!

I am incredibly sorry. You have my sympathy.

You say her kick the dog repeatedly and still allowed her to be near the dog. Then you let the dog lash out. I love my dog like she is my third child, but if she ever lashes out at any family or friend that would be her last day.

OneFineDay1 1

Wow. So you would kill your supposed "third child" for defending itself against an assault? People who would put down dogs for defending themselves should not own dogs. Too many dogs are already killed because they defend themselves from cruel people or disrespectful children.

Obviously your daughter is deficient in parenting skills and needs a reality check. Shame on her for not seeing the bully that her daughter is towards the dog.

still you should of stopped her since you watched it happened. Also you should of trained your dog better. my 16 month old will hit him when.trying to pet him grab him and.be a toddler. my dog licks her and.of.she.keep a.going gets up and comes to.me

OneFineDay1 1

Dogs can only take so much. And there is no reason she should have to train her dog to tolerate repeated kicking, a 9 year old should know better or they are horribly cruel.

rocker_chick23 27

The dog scratched the granddaughter, I would say that the dog is pretty well trained. An untrained dog would have bitten her.

There are some children that are completely ungrateful of their parents. So this whole "you gave birth" thing is null and void in my book. I make it very clear to my daughter that you use "nice touches" with animals. And for being a 1 yo. She does just fine, it's her daughters fault, not the dog!

rocker_chick23 27

Good for you teaching your daughter how to be gentle with animals. :)

semantics 3

She needs to control her shitty kid.

To all those saying the child doesn't know any better: My 3 year old knows not to be mean to animals. There's absolutely NO REASON a 9 year old shouldn't know what a 3 year old does. That little girl's butt would be redder than red if that had been my animal. And I agree with the no birthday/Christmas presents comment someone made. If she's that big of a brat, she doesn't need anything from the person who's animal she hurt. OP, please don't tear yourself up over not seeing the grandchildren. If that's how they're going to be raised, then there's nothing you can do about it. Love and spoil your dog, obviously he deserves it.

goaskdad 3

Have a 3 year old niece that is a budding drama queen: she would intentionally slap my dog and then run screaming when my dog growled. I now watch them like a hawk to guard my dog from the little psychopath. Her mom is too busy on her phone to notice.

Your daughter is psychotic. People that think kids should be able to abuse animals and not face the consequences need to be slapped.