Booksmarts

By sigh - 29/03/2016 04:57 - United States - North Branford

Today, I gave the guy I've been seeing a copy of my newly published book, because I know he loves writing. He started reading and commented on how amazing it was. Then he gave it back. He didn't realize it was a gift. My awkward self didn't correct him. I'd written him a sweet letter inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 470
You deserved it 4 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he liked it and told you how amazing it was :)

Comments

Joey005 23

First vote and comment...woohoo

ExtremeEncounter 32

It's never too late to give it back and say it was meant as a gift. It'll probably be a bit awkward, but worth it in the end.

Why say that? Just give it to him the next day and say "You liked it so much, I got a copy for you too"

At least he liked it and told you how amazing it was :)

i think the fml is that he never read it because he didn't see the letter

A simple, little misunderstanding. Yea, **** your life for sure now. We seriously need a "so what" option.

Unless it was a 1st date with the guy, you couldnt have told him, the guy you said youre seeing, it was a gift? And before people start bitching me out, Im awkward too, plus I have major social anxiety.

ThePandoricaOpen 18

Then you would know that some tasks, such as what OP described, are simply harder than they're supposed to be, thanks to anxiety, and social awkwardness.

Then YOU of all people should know just how hard it would have been for OP to do that

saxaddict122 14

"Today, I'm a published author and have a decent boyfriend who appreciates what I do. FML"

Post it to him with a note - it means you don't have the social awkwardness of having to regive the gift, and it's a cute little memory. Just write something like 'Surprise! Since you said you liked it, I thought you might like to read the whole thing'. I mean, who doesn't like receiving unexpected parcels?!

You could mail it to him. If he's really a writer he'll understand - we are all a little weird and awkward at times. Hope it works out.

yuky19 11

I understand how you feel because I'm low on self esteem but if you know that the guy likes you, you should try to make the first move and give the book back to him. Good luck on the relationship!