By Sarah - 01/01/2013 15:15 - United States

Today, instead of the traditional midnight kiss, my husband handed me divorce papers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 106
You deserved it 5 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxhollilollixx 6

This is a situation when the term "asshole" just isn't quite strong enough.

Comments

zombieslayer83 19

That was a Dick move on his part. I hope whatever you want out of the situation happens.

Authoress14 15

If he did that, you minus well get rid of him. Youre life sucks

"Minus well" I've never cringed so hard in my life...

At my highschool in the hood, people wrote it as "mines well".

A7X_LoVeee 10

I think you meant "might as well" as opposed to "minus"

yoursucklives 36

i wouldn't call myself an authoress anymore after making these mistakes.

perdix 29

Why's everyone on #12's case? It's just like that song, "Minus well face it, you're a ******** to love."

crazytwinsmom 25

Did he confuse resolution with dissolution?

Maybe in the new year u will find someone so much better(:

Well 2013 will be better! WITH THE DIVORCING AND LOSING YOUR HOUSE, CAR AND MOST OF YOUR POSSESSIONS. I'm sorry...

TheDrifter 23

OP is the wife. In most jurisdictions she will be keeping almost all of that, plus a good portion of his future income.

I applaud you on your knowledge good sir.

That was more guaranteed by the fact that he asked for the divorce rather than the fact that she's a woman. It's usually the one who demands the divorce that winds up paying for the other. Unless there are extenuating circumstances such as provable infidelity.

Yeah, just giving the women a bunch of the stuff just because she's a women is extreme sexism. I know it happens in most cases, but it is usually for good reasons, like taking care of the children

Well screw him OP. 2013 can be your fresh start, I wish you the best.

Well at least you know you won't have to have him around when 2014 comes.

Not sure whether or not you deserve this because I have no idea what you did to make him want a divorce. If the time of year had been right, I may have done this to my ex husband if I had thought of it, because he was a complete and utter asshole and I saw the divorce as a new and happier beginning in my life. I can see why, if your husband was in a similar situation, he would choose the moment of the new year to give you the divorce papers. Then again, I don't know you, so if your husband is the asshole of the marriage, then I am truly sorry, because that timing had to be extremely unexpected and hurtful.

Maybe no one is the asshole. Could be it just never jelled or they grew apart and he just decided to take action. Unfortunately divorce papers at midnight means you will be single all year.

Yes, maybe the OP was a horrible wife! And deserves a miserable New Year for the hell she might have caused her husband to want to divorce her. ***My girl friend did that on April Fool's Day. She found out her husband was cheating on her and waited until that day to hand over divorce papers. It was to prove he was the fool for thinking-- she was the fool. It was poetic justice for her.

45, If the case is that the couple simply grew apart, then OP's husband is an asshole for not telling his wife he wanted a divorce in a gentler, less hurtful way.

metmimo 8

Fresh start for both of you. He doesn't sound like he's worth keeping anyway.

aly_pinay22 8

To new beginnings! You don't need a douche of a husband.

You don't know what made him want to divorce her. She could be a complete bitch.

But I mean New Years? Come on that's messed up. It's basically saying its a new year so out with the old wife and in with the new.