By Tj Hunt - 05/11/2012 03:26 - United States

Today, in the middle of a hot air balloon ride with my girlfriend, I asked her to marry me. She said no. The rest of the ride was the most awkward two hours of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 732
You deserved it 4 464

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AbstraktThoughts 13

Should've thrown that bitch off. Haha jk. Sorry op :((

muckdog19 2

That really sucks. Usually you talk about it first though. Not surprise them. If you did that then you would've been more aware of what her answer would be.

Comments

Wow, I can't believe you posted this to this site of all the stupid sites you look through. You should have known why I said NO!! Wallowing in your pity won't change my answer.

^^ totally JK, just trolling! LMAO! But sounds like a great way to propose.. The guy should have waited.

I thought you were serious! Well played, well played.

I've always wondered how many of these FMLs get read by the people they are actually about.

I think most of them relating to relationships get read by them, I think couples enjoy reading them together, if they have a incident they sure know where to post and to look.

astralvagan 20

If it were true though, her profile would explain it all!

Wow. Swing and a miss. Hopefully you can work through this, stay together, and propose to her some other time. Best of luck OP!

awwwwh poor thing! sounds like a great way to propose!

Wrong. Omg what. I was just responding to a comment about yolo. Awh. Sorry yo.

not quite like the movies ! shame the movies never show what happens when they say no ,sucks that happened op.

Happy endings always happens in the movies. And ur percentage of FML's confirmed out of posted is mind blowing

If you're on the mobile app, I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are. I've gotten one of mine posted, but when I look at my profile from the mobile app, it says I have none posted.

TcheQ 12

Should not have asked at the *beginning*

crazytwinsmom 25
twokool38 1

I don't think they meant at the beginning of the ride, but before the ride began.

TcheQ 12

Uh, the 'in the middle' as it has been used in the OP is not a literal descriptor.

Looks like that is the closest to 7th heaven you can come with her atm. But props for being kinda creative with the proposal, those who do not bet do not win :) So now you know where you have here at the moment, good luck in the future though, maybe you will succeed later

Couldn't you have done something to land the balloon?

She was still your girlfriend, just not at the same place in your relationship that you were.