By Tj Hunt - 05/11/2012 03:26 - United States

Today, in the middle of a hot air balloon ride with my girlfriend, I asked her to marry me. She said no. The rest of the ride was the most awkward two hours of my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 732
You deserved it 4 464

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AbstraktThoughts 13

Should've thrown that bitch off. Haha jk. Sorry op :((

muckdog19 2

That really sucks. Usually you talk about it first though. Not surprise them. If you did that then you would've been more aware of what her answer would be.

Comments

Shit happens, sry to hear that

Should of waited till the end of the ride to propose.

Imagine how awkward it was for his gf lmao (no offense OP)

3 - OP probably wasn't expecting his girlfriend to say no, so he thought if he did it at the start they'd share those two hours together holding one another and being romantic and crap.

She might had needed more time before she got tied down to you, you should've asked her if she'd consider getting married later or if that was it.

Girreth 7

I can't help but notice how similar this situation is to a situation on xkcd, in which the comic follows this exact story. Except there are spiders.

chell1894 13

I don't know that it would be awkward or just really sad. I'd probably just be a wreck I mean obviously you loved her a lot if you asked her to be your wife. I'd just be terribly sad.

AbstraktThoughts 13

Should've thrown that bitch off. Haha jk. Sorry op :((

xSonic 9

Should've pulled an Aladdin and sang, "A Whole New World"

I can show you the world... :D Come on guys, join me!

AllThingsBright_ 11

Tell me Princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?

Look out for that.... Tree! Oh, wrong movie. Still would have been hilarious since he's not looking where he's going the whole time.

I also would have tossed her, but with something witty and involving a skydiving joke.

How is she a bitch for saying no? Are people supposed to say yes just because one person wants to?

muckdog19 2

That really sucks. Usually you talk about it first though. Not surprise them. If you did that then you would've been more aware of what her answer would be.

OP, should have prepared for the negative answer with a parachute.

I'd hate that so much. Best way to do it would propose at the end, just in case :P

I think his goal might have been to have some romantic time together AFTER she said yes, you know when they're both happy and excited. A hot air balloon isprobably much moe romantic than the exiting area of one

If you think the person could say no, you probably shouldn't propose.

Bad luck OP. You should however have no regrets, it sounds like you made it as romantic as possible and its her loss!

Definitely not a situation I think anyone would choose to be in. Then again I can't say that I blame him for not waiting until the end. I bet when he planned out the proposal, he really didn't go into it expecting her to say no.

Well damn, what an asshole. Seems like you're a nice guy... Idk why she'd say no

Hey, it was her decision to decline and that isn't really bad thing. I feel sorry for OP though. You'll find that special someone, OP. Keep your head up high.

mbusey 20

9, you don't know anything about their relationship or OP. He could be a huge jerk for all we know. They could have a bad relationship, you never know. Anyways, sorry OP

LiterOfCola 16

87: ****** Penis. And 9: Being nice doesn't qualify as a reason to be marrying someone..

YeniDewie 0
YeniDewie 0

isn't there any parachute there ? :p