By CircusSea - 05/11/2012 00:02 - Puerto Rico - Carolina

Today, I work on a cruise ship, and I just learned that we have a morgue on board. How did I learn that? It's right next to the crew laundry room, and I opened the wrong door. It was occupied. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 001
You deserved it 1 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To the people asking why there's a morgue. A cruise is in the middle of the sea. If someone dies suddenly, what are they going to do with the body until they get back to port? It's sensible to have one!

Comments

I guess the sign they put outside the door, "dead-end" was to be taken literally. I'd be mortified! I'll show myself out.

tj5810 21
SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

31, I'm pretty sure we all did. No need to point out the obvious. Comments like yours just KILL me...

DollyDope 17

It's better than storing dead bodies in the kitchen's freezer

NagainaFier 16

Hey, what's wrong with that? It keeps the bodies longer AND helps keep the smell at bay. Win-win right there.

irishpassion16 6

Dolly Dope, you have the perfect picture for your comment

Now that's what you'd call dirty laundry.

YeniDewie 0

what did make him die ? u have to check it out ! :p

one place you would never think would have a morgue .

Do you mind if I write a horror novel based on this story?

KiddNYC1O 20

25- I'm sure that'll work out. You'd make a killing. You see the trash that gets published nowadays?

"Today, I work on a cruise ship." ... wait, what? Other than that grammatical error, that's so creepy!

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Every FML starts with "Today," probably wasn't the OP's fault. Most likely was put there automatically.

Yes, but OP could have easily worked around it. For example, "Today, while at work on a cruise ship, I learned we have a morgue on board"

Would you rather they stored the dead bodies in the ice cream freezer? Next ship your on try showing up on time for the staff orientation.

It actually makes sense. People die just about everywhere, and the only other option would be to store the deceased in the freezer. Or dump them in the ocean, but somehow I think people would be a tad bit upset about that.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

...I am now terrified to ever go on a cruise ship. Holy shit.