By fired tomoz - 29/10/2014 15:46 - South Africa - Pretoria

Today, I woke up to a text from my manager, saying "Hed's up dude, ur gettin fired tomoz. CEO's pissed. No hard feelins m8". Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 794
You deserved it 3 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you may be better off . At least you co worker sounds like a teenager not a professional.

Tell him he can only fire you if he can spell it right.

Comments

Sounds like you may be better off . At least you co worker sounds like a teenager not a professional.

Manager. That idiot is in a position of authority.

I find that more adults type like that than kids tbh

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

17 - Yeah definitely they do. I guess though they would be used to it when sending a text with proper grammar was actually an effort, before full keyboards came into play. 10 and 1 - Something my boss would do, and he's very professional. at least he gave OP some warning

iAmPaul 49

I suppose professional etiquette isn't as prevalent in South Africa as it is elsewhere...

everton99 16

Agree with that statement completely.

Generally poor english is spoken by most english speakers of today

36 - Not to support this manager, but since when are texts spoken?

They could be friends and that's how they talk to each other.

#26 Professionalism is a thing for for letters, phone calls, clients and meetings, not between staff texts. My extremely organised and professional manager text me this morning and said "hey babe, a lot people here don't know how to tie a tie like you, could please start a little earlier to do that so I don't get my arse reemed Xx"

Yes #26, an occurrence such as this is exclusive to South Africa and I have never seen behaviour on such an unprofessional scale exercised in another country.

iAmPaul 49

54 - That's a fallacious argument. I never implied that it was exclusive to South Africa. Learn to read and learn basic ******* logic.

At least he warned you! So when you walk in the next day you can be prepared!

Tell him he can only fire you if he can spell it right.

Fired is almost the only word he did spell right...

cadillacgal79 32

No he spelled "up, dude and pissed" right, but that hurt my brain to read.

mif_fml 27

What about "no" and "hard"? Those are words.

if he is a manager, hes probably a bit older than OP and didnt have full keyboards on the flip phone he learned to text on. i had a flip phone without a full keyboard and it was a huge effort to use proper language. thats why this text lingo came about. it was just way easier to text it.

Hey, at least now you have the push to go get a better job, and by the looks of it, that won't be so hard! Sorry your manager is so unprofessional.

I think your manager should be the one who is fired for that text message!

I agree. OP should show it to the CEO.

It may have been unprofessional. But he and OP must have been friends for him to warn him. If he's already going to be fired. Showing them that text won't help OP. It will only cause him a loss a of a good reference and a friend.

Really, thinking that someone should get fired for an informal text. Outside of work, casual language is fine to use. Sending some a warning that they are getting fired by someone else tomorrow does not warrant having the person sending that message getting fired. Also, you seem to be forgetting that the CEO, not the manager, was pissed off at op causing him to get fired.

meli1195 31

well that was some terrible sarcasm

As soon as I read this, I thought of Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

On the bright side, you'll never have to read another text message from said manager again. That was painful.

he probably learned to text from a flip phone that didnt have a full keyboard. it was so much effort to use proper language that people texted like this. thats why its usually adults who use this text lingo,

"No hard feelins m8" sounds like OP was blamed for something the manager did/didn't do.

I took it to mean that the manager doesn't want any hard feelings between him and Op even though he has to fire him. I assume the CEO would have the manager fire Op as oppose to doing it himself. I also took it to mean that they were friends and he is basically saying he feels sorry for him and hopes they can still be friends.