By absentminded - 11/03/2009 18:07 - United States

Today, I went to online to find out why my midterm grade is for my least favorite class Psychology. After weeks upon weeks of studying and doing work for a class I hate I found out that I have a zero in the class. Turns out I've been going to the wrong psychology class all semester. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 096
You deserved it 65 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cuttybuddy 0

I don't even know where to begin...

LittleMissMack 0

Ummm really? I find this a tiny bit hard to believe... the professor of the class you were going to never once, not even on the first day, took attendance?

Comments

99problems_fml 0

this is not an fml. You can easily get this mistake fixed and get credit for the course if you speak to the right people.

This is completely possible.. maybe people have never been in university class but classes that are 50 minutes long and have 150 to 200 people in a class, which psychology most likely does, don't have a prof to that's going to waste half the class taking attendence. Rough one dude.

87 ftw. Everyone who is claiming the prof should've taken attendance goes to a small college (not university) or is still in high school.

lol @ people thinking profs take attendance. Any idea who large entry level psychology classes can get? Like 400 people in some schools. The entire class lecture would be the prof reading names.

This is why you print out your schedule and take it with you the first week of classes. If you can look online to see your midterm grade, you can see what class you're supposed to be in. Shouldn't have taken you half a semester to figure out that you were wrong. I'm not saying your situation doesn't suck, but it is a result of you messing up - fortunately you can probably see your advisor/counselor/the professor of the class you've been attending and switch into that one. Might be a bit of a hassle but it could save your grade.

ananya77041 0

Yeah, a class like Psych 101 or introduction to psychology can be massive sometimes.

most big universities have classes of 500+ for first year classes. and believe me they never ever take attendance, except maybe for labs etc.. this could easily happen to anyone. but i don't get how they never posted announcements about midterm dates for the actual course you were enrolled in. it would be too much of a coincidence if both classes had midterms on the same day

# 73 A lot of professors don't give homework. If they do, it is a gift to you because it helps spread out your grade between that, midterms, and the final. @ people who think professors take attendance: Do you go to college?

LoL, I second what commenter #73 said... to the people who said profs must take attendance. The university I went to never take attendance, except for small classes (read: under 30) and tutorials. Taking attendance would take up the whole class for a class with over a hundred students. All my lectures have over 100... and even up to 350 students at most (if the classroom size is bigger I'm sure they'd let more students in, lol). To the topic starter: I hope you learned your lesson.

I am sorry for your stupidity, however if you are allowed and accepted into a university, you should be able to have some sense of intelligence. Like checking your schedule the first day of classes or even the day before classes begin. Even if your professors do not take attendance (mine don't) you should be aware of where you are supposed to be and when you are supposed to be there once you get to high school, much less college. I learned this lesson of life in fourth grade. I am now in college, just like you. Congratulations, you have just wasted half of a semester (and probably around $1000 dollars) because you didn't have enough sense to double check that you were in the right class. Maybe drop your old psych course and switch into the one you've accidentally been attending for the last two months. Or at least try and talk to both of your professors, maybe they'll find pity enough to strike a compromise to help you have a chance at passing the course. Or maybe they'll laugh. But talking to them now can't hurt your grade more than you've hurt it already through your own carelessness.