Higher education

By mermaidkeels - 08/09/2016 04:54 - United States - Miami

Today, after attending lectures for months, studying for weeks, and spending hours writing a 15-page research paper, I was informed that due to technological issues during registration, I was not enrolled in the class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 969
You deserved it 1 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

Talk to the professor and the registrar to see if you can somehow override it. They may make an exception since you've done all the work, especially if the professor vouches for you and you show them what you've completed.

kaitlyn520 13

Damn.. I would try and fight that. Did your teacher not have a roster though? Or any online assignments to where you had to be enrolled to view them? If so, that could be used as 'evidence' that you've been attending. I hope it all works out OP(:

Comments

Enrol in the class next time? Then that way you have a head start?

They were supposed to already be, more so if they paid for the course or a scholarship did. This wasn't at all their fault, it was the schools.

lexiieeex3 32

Talk to the professor and the registrar to see if you can somehow override it. They may make an exception since you've done all the work, especially if the professor vouches for you and you show them what you've completed.

And if they don't, see if they'll return your money, and if possible, try to just test out of the course next semester.

"How did I pay for a course that I'm not registered in. Either you guys messed it up and need to give me course credit, or you guys tried to defraud me by hoping I wouldn't notice." :D

kaitlyn520 13

Damn.. I would try and fight that. Did your teacher not have a roster though? Or any online assignments to where you had to be enrolled to view them? If so, that could be used as 'evidence' that you've been attending. I hope it all works out OP(:

BrailynRaylynn 22

I would definitely talk to anyone you can to see if this can be reconciled. You can even talk to the professor to see if he/she will vouch for you.

TheNoNameGuy 20

Waiting for the Triparita comment

flyingflies 36

That's rather strange that it wasn't caught. The professor should have a roster of who all is enrolled. Unless it was a very large class and was just missed/overlooked. But yeah you should definitely talk to at least the professor about it to see what could be done to get credit for it.

Like others have suggested- talk with the teacher/professor and maybe even the principal. If you paid for the class, they need to either honor the enrollment or return your money. You could be in for a really though fight, so good luck!

Even with large classes, my professors do role call and learn students seats the best they can or make a chart for themselves, and call out if anyone is missing. First week even asked if anyone's name wasn't called out for the sheet.

See with your professor if you can keep atending the class and then next semester you can just have your grade added, instead of doing it again.

I'd be so pissed off.... but I'd keep the essay if you have the class again

They should have figured that out the first day while taking roll. If you name was there, then it's fine. Your teacher will vouch for you. And if your name was not on roll, then that is your teacher's fault.

I've been in multiple classes that don't take role- it really just depends on the professor. Based on the wording of the FML, I'm guessing they don't have regular tests or assignments - maybe just a mid-term paper and a final? And although technology (not getting emails, not being able to access the course website) should have caught the mistake, maybe the professor prefers to keep things old-fashioned.