By charitableidiot - 05/06/2014 22:23 - United States - Portland

Today, I went to a fancy charity dinner. I'm a schmoozer, so I decided to introduce myself to someone important. I asked enthusiastically, "So, how are you involved with all of this madness?" He frowned at me. I then remembered that this particular charity assists people with mental issues. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 563
You deserved it 43 055

Same thing different taste

Comments

Is it wrong that I already decided that the OP deserved it when he called himself a schmoozer and decided to introduce himself to "someone important"?

davek 36

We all make mistakes OP, but next time you want to pretend to care about a charity you might want to make sure who or what they support.

tehdarkness 21

That's a weird thing to say anyways. You never know if the person you are talking to has a sense of humor or not. For a self described schmoozer, you are lacking some basic schmoozing skills.

joetxhunk 3

That was a pretty stupid way to say it anyway though, wasn't it?!

pjsmamasan 10

I work in mental health...if you can't laugh a little, you'll go crazy, no pun intended. But considering it was a charity event and a fancy evening, forgetting why you were there have have been your bigger issue :- lesson learned!

havahnegila 22

I would have laughed at that. They have no sense of humor ;) But I also like puns. And for people here w no sense if humor I'm an advocate w those who have mental disorders.... Just know how to laugh too :)

an3ph 20

Madness? This… is… Sparta!

I feel bad for those people who have mental disabilities like people make fun of them a lot and it hurts to watch..